Page 30 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1020252627282930313233343540 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by bakakun View Post
    Ugh. My latest response from the Licensing regulation department was very condescending with regards to the fee renewing an approval.

The generic Megatron is a imitation weapons is prohibited blah blah blah, and "A person ‘off the street’ who is found to be in possession of an imitation firearm without holding a Prohibited Weapons Approval or covered under a Governor in Council Exemption risks being charged with possession of a prohibited weapon and is therefore possessing the imitation firearm illegally. "

And also the fee is "set by the Control of Weapons Regulations 2011" and covers the cost of "processing, assessing and maintaining a weapons approval, there is no intention to bring in ‘discount’ arrangements for specific weapons."

They just don't seem to want to comprise on the the fees involved at all. The spiel that $188.20 every 3 years covers the cost of having an approval is bullshit, considering NSW charge only $75 for 5 years and can be waived by being a legitimate toy gun collector.
    Pricks

Quote Originally Posted by danny-boy View Post
    Question for Griffin/Goktimus Prime;

I haven't received any response from the Megatron Club. Can I just go ahead and fill out the NSW paperwork without joining the club?
    Apologies danny-boy. Can you let me know when you sent the email and I'll look into it and get back to you. I've had a crazy couple of weeks.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by bakakun View Post

They just don't seem to want to comprise on the the fees involved at all. The spiel that $188.20 every 3 years covers the cost of having an approval is bullshit, considering NSW charge only $75 for 5 years and can be waived by being a legitimate toy gun collector.
    I already have more than enough reasons to hate this state, now its at a point where my hobbies are concerned.

They just want our money, what would the money for a simple approval be used for, is there a register, do they do house inspections on those who paid?

Maybe if they chucked in a free weapons storage case and updated it every 3 years it'd be a greaaat incentive.

Sorry I've been so quiet here lately. Thanks griffin and Goktimus for doing such a fantastic job with this thread!
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
    Apologies danny-boy. Can you let me know when you sent the email and I'll look into it and get back to you. I've had a crazy couple of weeks.
    Hey Tiby, I sent an email with the application form and details of payment on the 25/10. Thanks for your help I appreciate all the work you've done to get this club running and help us all own a Megatron legally.

Latest response from licensing regulation

As you are aware persons covered under a Governor in Council Exemption are not required to obtain a weapons approval.

These are organisations who would have put in an application with the Department of Justice and Regulation (DJR) to have their organisation included in the order as well as classes of persons. The decision to exempt these groups is made and regulated by the DJR, any enquiries about orders are to be directed to them.
    So basically a toy organisation needs to put forward an application with the Department of Justice and Regulation (DJR)?

Would the Megatron Club be able to do this, or is this only something an organisation within Victoria can do? I'd imagine members of such an organisation would have to meet up regularly, but the Megatron club is based in NSW.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

As you are aware persons covered under a Governor in Council Exemption are not required to obtain a weapons approval.

These are organisations who would have put in an application with the Department of Justice and Regulation (DJR) to have their organisation included in the order as well as classes of persons. The decision to exempt these groups is made and regulated by the DJR, any enquiries about orders are to be directed to them.
    I would so join this club

Okay, so the new MP megatron will get sold by some sellers in Australia, so if I order from them, and they are in whatever state, and they ship to me here in WA, is this an issue as I'm only buying from one state to another?

Last time somebody said WA was exempt or had diff laws, but what about buying from other states in OZ that DO have those prohibition laws?

Just curious, as I want to buy a MP Megatron 2.0 - but will avoid it there is any chance of losing the toy and my money.

just browsed first page:

Requirements: (WA)
    To import - Obtain a Police Certification Certificate B709 (application form is here on their Permits page), and when the Permit is sent to you, give it to Customs to release the toy to you.
    To purchase domestically - No permit required if already in the Country.
    To own - No permit or license required, but needs to be for a Lawful Reason and Purpose (keep it with your collection, so that if you are ever challenged by Police, the proof of a Lawful Reason is surrounding the toy - don't carry it with you in public as that would not be a Lawful Reason unless you can prove that you were just transporting it to or from a place of purchase/pickup).
    To sell - A seller of imitation firearms must comply with the Weapons Act 1999 and Weapons Regulations 1999. Imitation firearms cannot be sold to juveniles (Person under 18 years of age).

so does anyone know that this is still current, no changes etc?

Didn't know about all this but just got MP36 the pre-order from PremiumCollectables.

From their link, it says that they're shipping from QLD. Since I'm from QLD as well, I'm guessing that there's no need to apply for permits as it's no longer imported. I'm assuming that PC would have handled the permit to import it.

Would this be correct?

I still need to try to get a permit before I can get MP36.

It doesn't look like I'd be able to register with the Megatron Club, as they only provide assistance to residents in NSW, while I'm in Victoria.

Therefore it doesn't seem like them putting forward an application Department of Justice and Regulation (DJR) will work, since they're based in NSW and I'm in Victoria, but it's nice they're looking into it.

Regarding the display cabinets again:

This cube would be $62.70 plus shipping. I'd also need to buy a padlock.

http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au...play-showcase/

While this one is a tower and could cost $186 delivered, plus I'd need to buy a detolf lock from ebay.

http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au...TI4SHOOOGLAWHI

The Tower is definitely better value and would look really nice, but I think I'll just buy the cube when I can, as I've been spending A LOT lately and I really need to save up. Especially if I can't get a fee exemption for MP36, and end up being forced to spend $188.20 EVERY 3 YEARS.

Damn Victoria is its price gouging regulation.