Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks.
    So my next question is do you think I would have any issue with buying the following items which turn into non realistic guns.

http://sirtoys.com/toys.php?c=10&p=1..._Set_of_5.html

Transblasters. They are nerf guns, robots, but more like real guns than your average toy gun in Kmart.

I'm still confused on the point that certain toy guns are not realistic but in the regulations listed here it says color does not matter and does not make a toy exempt. Bit of a contradiction there.
    Any idea how to interpret that?

I've seen / held real guns and replica guns.
    So just interested in the toy stuff, but thanks for your excellent examples.
    I'm already pretty familiar with laws for actual guns, safe storage etc.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I seriously doubt that would be stopped by customs. But you never know these days.

Those should all be fine as they are replica Nerf guns, colour doesn't matter so much as the shape.
    When it says colour doesn't matter in the regulations I believe it means even if a realistic looking gun is fluro pink it's still a replica gun because it's close enough, the same as Goki's Han Solo gun is "close enough" to a real model of gun so it requires a license.
    If in doubt ask a police officer, call a support hotline or send an email with a picture of the toy and ask if it's ok to own them without a license.
    A quick Google says Spearwood might be in WA, so you can find contact details to make inquiries at the bottom of this page https://www.police.wa.gov.au/About-U...vices/Firearms

I don't think you'd have a problem getting them in. They look like being on the same level as the Classics Voyager Megatron. I got my Henkei version of the mould through no problems.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Wait... you live in Spearwood Western Australia, right? You do know that there is NO restriction on owning replica firearms in WA, don't you? Owning Gunformers is perfectly legal and unrestricted in WA! (reference)

Although be aware that Customs is a Federal body, not state, so if your toys are seized by Customs you will need to obtain a Form B1709A Importation of Firearms - Police Confirmation and Certification Permit from the Firearms Division of the Western Australian Police to have them released to you from Customs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wait... you live in Spearwood Western Australia, right? You do know that there is NO restriction on owning replica firearms in WA, don't you? Owning Gunformers is perfectly legal and unrestricted in WA! (reference)

Although be aware that Customs is a Federal body, not state, so if your toys are seized by Customs you will need to obtain a Form B1709A Importation of Firearms - Police Confirmation and Certification Permit from the Firearms Division of the Western Australian Police to have them released to you from Customs.
    Yes I do, but I also used to live in Victoria, the fun gun state.
    Actually I love that Australia has such tight laws around guns, it's a good thing, look at all the gun related deaths in the us.i do have some stuff still back there, toys etc, better to know before I bring them here so I don't lose anything. And I've been looking at both tf and non tf gun toys lately to buy, so a good time to become familiar with these regulations.

I did read through the various sections posted here.
    Thanks again for your helpful insights and knowledge

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Batfan007 View Post
    Yes I do, but I also used to live in Victoria
    You could have done worse, a lot worse & moved to NSW.

I've pre ordered dx9 mightron will I have any trouble getting it into the country? It will be in a box with multiple other transformers when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoonMaster5000 View Post
    I've pre ordered dx9 mightron will I have any trouble getting it into the country? It will be in a box with multiple other transformers when the time comes.
    The war in pocket one or the supreme leader one?
    The war in pocket one no, you shouldn't have any issues, just like the reveal the shield legion class megatron it's not classed as a replica gun as it's too small.
    The supreme leader one you might have problems, I believe I read that customs officers are trained to recognize megatrons of that size, so even if the box doesn't show the gun mode it could be seized until you provide your licenses or proof that it doesn't change into a realistic gun (but it does so that's out).

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    You could have done worse, a lot worse & moved to NSW.
    How many Chuzzwozza's do they have there then?