Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to the Megatron Club?

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Seriously Griff, you need to make a sticky for this topic somewhere mate. About 3 times a year this topic with the same queries comes up.

Seriously - has ANYONE in Aus actually gotten charged for owning an MP Megatron? And if so was it even remotely recent? I really don't think with all the heavy stuff going down in our communities than anyone except the most pedantic of cops would care. And I bet no one is checking houses for them. All my neighbours own REAL guns - the coppers round here couldn't give two shits that I own a little toy robot that turns into a fake firearm and I would get openly laughed at if I brought it to their attention.

My advice, just don't worry about it. Unless you make a massive deal of it I don't think anyone in authority gives a crap - they have bigger fish to fry.
    I remember about 7-8 years ago a shipment of MP Megs coming into the country got impounded by customs... and my mind is like a steel trap... A really old steel trap that has been left out in the weather and rusted.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I remember about 7-8 years ago a shipment of MP Megs coming into the country got impounded by customs... and my mind is like a steel trap... A really old steel trap that has been left out in the weather and rusted.
    I helped an old Melb based online store collect their shipment back in the day.... was just after release, and about a week before the cops/customs realised it was a gun.... I still have the pics somewhere of ~100 figures....

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I have to disagree. I know it seems like one of those things that they don't enforce but why take the risk? I had to fill out a few forms and join a Club. On top of that they waived (I presume they still do) the licence fee and that was it. I have a pretty looking licence that lasts for 5 years (renewed easily) and no worries about whether the cops are going to come knocking on my door (errr well unless they are doing an inspection which hasn't happened once in 7 years).

Then again I'm a stickler for the rules so it wasn't really an option for me.
    I dunno, seems like one of those laws, like technically the law in Australia says that lightbulbs may only be replaced by a licensed electrician . Sure its a law, but what copper is going to come around to your house to enforce it?

If it wasn't a hassle for you, then sure you may as well go for it. For other folks though it sounds like a major hassle and tons of hoops to jump through and in cases like that I'd just skip the whole thing

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I am, but it is a huge project, so it is taking time to complete... around all the other things taking up my time.
    And once again I am so glad I am not an admin or mod on this site. With great power comes great responsibility - and headaches and annoying tasks to perform . You are doing Primus' work mate and we all appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    lol Well they ya go, there has actually been a case of impounding. How many Megs were in the shipment? Has anyone ever been charged with owning one that's not registered or has had their single one grabbed and not returned by customs?

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I helped an old Melb based online store collect their shipment back in the day.... was just after release, and about a week before the cops/customs realised it was a gun.... I still have the pics somewhere of ~100 figures....
    That would be cool to see!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    lol Well they ya go, there has actually been a case of impounding. How many Megs were in the shipment? Has anyone ever been charged with owning one that's not registered or has had their single one grabbed and not returned by customs?
    I had mine confiscated by customs on arrival at Sydney airport. I had my gun license with me and everything but I didn't realise I also had to get that import permit. So I had to get that, and returned to the airport to pick it up - they'd stuck tape all over it to seal it, so the box was totally ruined.