Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Spider-Man to join the Marvel movie universe!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It would cost a billion dollars, but how good would it be for the marvel superhero groups (Xmen, Avengers, GotG, FF, Spidey) to have one big crossover movie, like those epic comics that had dozens of superheroes taking on a cosmic threat to Earth.

With different movie studios owning different Marvel superheroes, it'll never happen.
    The next two-part Avengers film is the cosmic threat mega team up, just no FF or X-Men taking part, or their characters like Galactus (Unless the new FF film flops and the rights get sold back.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It is possible, so long as the film doesn't reference the movies owned by the other studio(s). This is why Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch were able to appear in Avengers: Age of Ultron. The film only mentions that they are super powered humans who were orphaned as children. It doesn't use the word "mutants," nor does it make any reference to Magneto being their father.
    Both Fox and Marvel own the film rights to the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver characters. Marvel owns them as the superhero members of the Avengers, Fox owns them as the children of Magneto and members of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants. And that's how they've been used, more or less.

This is also why Marvel can't use the word "Adamantium" in their movieverse, and instead use the word "Vibranium."
    Vibranium is a long standing Marvel Universe natural metal that predates the man-made Adamantium alloy. It's unlikely something a studio has a film rights to, but it is strongly associated with Wolverine.

I'm not entirely sure about how the rights for Hulk works. Hulk (2003) was made by Universal, and The Incredible Hulk was made by Universal but produced by Marvel. Marvel are able to use the Hulk in their Avengers films, and they are certainly able to even reference his origins (even directly linking it with Captain America's back story). But as I understand it, it's still Universal and not Marvel who still owns the rights to make stand alone Hulk films.
    Marvel have the film rights to make a Hulk film. Universal just holds distribution rights.

Vibranium is mined in whatever country the black panther is from iirc and is strong, but not as strong as adamantium.
    I was under the impression that the only adamantium in existence ended up in Wolverine's body because it was super rare and hard to work with. Although I could be mistaken.. It has been well over 10 years since I stopped reading Xmen. Are there any other adamantium characters?

Thanks for clearing that up, Paulbot.

I thought that Capt. America's shield was originally made from adamantium in the comics, and that they switched it to the already-existant Vibranium for the movieverse.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wolverine's enemies had Adamantium: Cyber, Omega Red.

Vibranium i believe is meant to be stronger than adamantium. Havent read the comics in ages. But the impression i get is vibranium has more unique properties in it and is not as common as adamantium.

/Geek mode on

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Thanks for clearing that up, Paulbot.

I thought that Capt. America's shield was originally made from adamantium in the comics, and that they switched it to the already-existant Vibranium for the movieverse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    Wolverine's enemies had Adamantium: Cyber, Omega Red.

Vibranium i believe is meant to be stronger than adamantium. Havent read the comics in ages. But the impression i get is vibranium has more unique properties in it and is not as common as adamantium.

/Geek mode on
    Vibranium is naturally occurring (in Wakanda - Black Panther) and thus more common. Admantium is very rare as the formula for creating it is lost and hard to replicate (this is part of Lady Deathstrike's origin). Omega Red had the third party Adamantium Carbonadium.

I believe eventually they decided that in the comics that the special metals that made Cap's shield was a mix of Vibranium & Adamantium which made it so special, indestructible and irreplaceable.

Iirc, vibranium has absorption properties which is why it was used to inprison Klaw, the dude made of sound. Cap's shield uses both metals so it's extremely strong and absorbs impact.