View Poll Results: Worth it?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • No doubt about it!

21 70.00%
  • If on sale.

8 26.67%
  • Only if you really like the character.

0 0%
  • Never, not after betraying his Decepticons!

1 3.33%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron (silver)

Really nice. Finally a decent Megatron! My only complaint is that it's leader size and not voyager so this I will not buy (plus I only recently got cloud Megatron).

I picked up both earlier.... Not much I can say different, but definately pleased with how different they look. Must say I like the colour of Armadas cannon.... The details pop out more than on Megatron.

As for the "crotch" in alt mode.... You missed a tiny bit in the instructions... Tey show you to move it up to the turret, but then down to the between leg position later.

I really like the different barrel lengths as well.... I think shorter might even be better than longer...

But the stickers annoy me.... Also has some g1 Megs stickers, but they aren't transparent, so the logos really jar against the silver... Not using any!

But the absolute best part I think is the way the turret rotates.... I was fearing G2 Megs.... But he is amazing! No the mechanism looks interesting in his chest too.... And had it been noted the gun breaks down into too? Coz it does...

One of my photos has the codpiece down at the back, still looks gappy.

Oh well, I'm still happy with this, probably the best version of Megatron I'll ever have the chance of owning

I'd buy this toy if I find it locally. Probably sell off Cloud Megs

I'm actually down for this, the more I see of it the more I like it.

Out at Toyworlds you say?
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Aaaaaand, my Cloud Megatron just became redundant.

Just out of interest, can you see any reason why the chest logo couldn't have been a flip around panel (similar to MP Bumblebee/RotF DLX Wheelie/TM2 Blackarachnia)? i.e. is there any part of that chest's design that would prevent such a gimmick?
    I've just checked all over both. With a fine tooth comb.... Apart from the head, there is not a single difference between the 2 Megs....(mould wise that is.... Colour and deco is totally different)

And as such, A:Megs has a single symbol on the right side of the turret in Alt mode, and one on each shoulder in Bot mode... So a floppy panel would be useless and redundant on A:Megs, so the change to the mould probably wasn't justified...

Plus who knows what came first.... Toy design or story outlay.... They may not have known!

But I am wondering.... Is this a G1 Megs redeco'd to A:Megs? Or an A:Megs redeco'd to G1???

I have a feeling it was either concurrent, or a "Hey, What if?" Moment in terms of giving G1 Megs a new head and paint job.

I picked up mine yesterday, the only sticker I put on him were the Autobot symbols on top of his decepticon ones. Kinda digging having an autobot Megatron. Also rubber working tank treads are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    But I am wondering.... Is this a G1 Megs redeco'd to A:Megs? Or an A:Megs redeco'd to G1???
    I'm pretty sure it's G1 Megs redecoed into Armada. It has more G1 design elements than Armada, and only just passes as the Armada version of the character. It's pretty obvious to me that they came up with the idea after designing the G1 toy.

That said, the recent in-hand pics I've seen make this (and the Armada version) look much better than it did in the press pics. I'll be getting the Armada version first chance I get.

Ace is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I really want to like it, but I dont? I just can't deal with the fact that he transforms into a tank. Its a no from me unfortunately