Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Generations Leader Class Ultra Magnus /w Minimus Ambus

Things are looking up for official toys as of late! Hope the final stuff we get retail doesn't loose too much when it comes to finish.

This Magnus looks good and about time too since the last time we had a proper 'Classics' Magnus was City Commander and that was an early 3P toy relying on an even older official toy so showing age.

Here's a quick and dirty mockup of how I would have liked the front Cab to look:

Magnus is looking sweet! Can't wait to pick him up.

Quote Originally Posted by nofacej View Post
    Here's a quick and dirty mockup of how I would have liked the front Cab to look:
    Is it my imagination, or is that Ultra Magnus breathing

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

Nah he's doing ab crunches in vehicle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post

You've seen it! You Can't UNsee It!!!
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Things are looking up for official toys as of late! Hope the final stuff we get retail doesn't loose too much when it comes to finish.

This Magnus looks good and about time too since the last time we had a proper 'Classics' Magnus was City Commander and that was an early 3P toy relying on an even older official toy so showing age.
    I find it odd on how one hand some fans complain about a dip in quality in the past four years, and on the other hand describe moulds such as the Classics Prime one as "dated" or "showing age". If there has been a dip in quality, then surely they would look ahead of their time rather than dated? Engineering hasn't improved that phenomenally, surely, that a toy from less than ten years ago (in a 30 year old line) is noticeably inferior to a modern toy following the quality dip thought to have happened around 2011?

I very like this Ultra Magnus. I like that it has a futuristic aesthetic in robot mode whilst still managing to look enough like an earth vehicle in alt mode. Minimus Ambus is a cool touch (but gives me continuity headaches for the Zombiverse). I'm not sure if it beats City Commander, but it is at least as good, which is enough to persuade me I should buy it. It makes me more likely to wait for the (inevitable?) repaint of Masterpiece Ultra Magnus in some sort of colourscheme though. Speaking of repaints... anyone else getting a Thunder Clash vibe from the alt mode, or am I so obsessed with TC that I see him everywhere?

Leader UM looks great, I think better than the MP version. I can't wait to get my hands on him. Question is, go for the Hasbro version, or wait for the possible better paint apps on the Takara version

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    I find it odd on how one hand some fans complain about a dip in quality in the past four years, and on the other hand describe moulds such as the Classics Prime one as "dated" or "showing age". If there has been a dip in quality, then surely they would look ahead of their time rather than dated? Engineering hasn't improved that phenomenally, surely, that a toy from less than ten years ago (in a 30 year old line) is noticeably inferior to a modern toy following the quality dip thought to have happened around 2011?

I very like this Ultra Magnus. I like that it has a futuristic aesthetic in robot mode whilst still managing to look enough like an earth vehicle in alt mode. Minimus Ambus is a cool touch (but gives me continuity headaches for the Zombiverse). I'm not sure if it beats City Commander, but it is at least as good, which is enough to persuade me I should buy it. It makes me more likely to wait for the (inevitable?) repaint of Masterpiece Ultra Magnus in some sort of colourscheme though. Speaking of repaints... anyone else getting a Thunder Clash vibe from the alt mode, or am I so obsessed with TC that I see him everywhere?
    I said City Commander armor was showing age as it is an early 3P kit. I did not call Classics Prime dated but he is an older mold. Please learn to comprehend what you read before you start criticizing others.