Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will it end?

The movie toys ends when TF2 movie comes out, me thinks... but then the retailers will probably have a massive sale to get rid of the old stocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Saintly View Post
    The movie toys ends when TF2 movie comes out, me thinks... but then the retailers will probably have a massive sale to get rid of the old stocks.
    K-Mart (and Myer earlier) were the only ones that have been trying.to do so. They did it twice before Animated was released, I believe, and they still couldn't move the stuff. All the Australian retailers got shafted bigtime by having stock the US didn't want after the peak of the line (ie. last Christmas).
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

true indeed...

think they need to reduce it heaps (maybe to their buy-price)

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

The Major Retailers never seem to learn...

I mean, They have to blame someone - & I'd point the finger at their respective buyers who purchase in bulk from Hasbro... (eg. K-mart with their Battle-Damaged 3-pack = What the hell were they thinking? )

I think the stores got sucked in, the Movie toys sold very well during July, then they had no stock through September-November, and then they sold out when they finally got the stock back in for the Holiday period. Then we had nothing on the shelves again in February, so when Hasbro said they had much much more movie stock stores were probably very happy, and over-ordered, not realising that the fad was over.

Just seems very odd that there is now a heap of non-movie and movie repaint figures on shelves when there would have never been the same amount of actual movie characters figures on shelves when the movie was first released.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    PWN'D! *high-fives Sky Shadow*

Btw SD you know that Transformers is slated to be a trilogy and that there's only 297 days left until the second installment hits cinemas right?
    Yeah, I know that. I'm looking forward to the next movie. I don't care if it adds more toys, I just care that the toys from the first movie, which is now gone from cinemas, are still clogging up shelves when there should be more new product.