View Poll Results: YOTG Optimus & Soundwave - worth buying?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes to both

4 22.22%
  • Only Optimus

2 11.11%
  • Only Soundwave

5 27.78%
  • No to both

7 38.89%

Thread: Toy Review - YOTG Optimus Prime & Soundwave

Default Toy Review - YOTG Optimus Prime & Soundwave

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

Year of the Goat Optimus Prime
    Series - Platinum Edition
    Sub-line - Chinese New Year
    Size/class - n/a
    New/remould/redeco - redeco
    Wave - n/a
    Released here - possibly June 2015 (out in Asia December 2014 - America February 2015)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (US$100 in HK)
    Approximate Size - 30cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Truck with trailer/battlestation
    Main Features/Gimmicks - light up LED fist, launching missiles & discs.
    Main Colours - bronze, clear, silver, black, pink.
    Main Accessories - gun, sword, 10 small missiles, 2 big missiles, 5 discs, bellows.

Year of the Goat Soundwave with Laserbeak, Rumble (blue), Frenzy (red), Ravage, Buzzsaw.
    Series - Platinum Edition
    Sub-line - Chinese New Year
    Size/class - n/a (Masterpiece)
    New/remould/redeco - redeco
    Wave - n/a
    Released here - possibly June 2015 (out in Asia December 2014 - America February 2015)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (US$120 in HK)
    Approximate Size - 23cm (Soundwave), 4-8cm (Cassettes)
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Portable Cassette Player (Soundwave), Cassette/Condor (Laserbeak & Buzzsaw), Cassette/Robot (Rumble & Frenzy), Cassette/Jaguar (Ravage).
    Main Features/Gimmicks - Includes 5 Cassettes, holds up to 3 Cassettes, ejects Cassettes, Megatron gun, wrist gun, launching missile.
    Main Colours - bronze, clear, silver, grey.
    Main Accessories - Gun, missile, shoulder cannon, Megatron gun, wrist gun (Soundwave), large cube, 5 cassette cases, chest panel (Soundwave), 2 guns & pile-drivers (Rumble), 2 guns & pile-drivers (Frenzy).

Last edited by griffin; 20th February 2015 at 12:37 AM.

With today being the Chinese New Year, here are some photos of these two toys.

They were released in Asia in December, and last week in America... but may not be here until June (yet to be confirmed).

(ignore the items on the left)

What is with all that hot pink????

The trailer compared to Gen2 and Ehobby Ultra Magnus versions.

Robot mode with the Gen2 and Ehobby versions.

The five cassettes with Soundwave are actually coloured according to their original colours. The red and blue are the Rumble & Frenzy mould, while the silver one in the middle is Ravage... leaving the golden ones are Laserbeak and Buzzsaw (who both had gold on the Gen1 toys). I guess it's up to you to decide which is which between the two pairs of the same mould.

I don't like the half-transparent plastic on these toys. Not only do they look unfinished, but any coloured plastic bits (like the eyes) shows the entire plastic part in the skull, not just the eyes.

Masterpiece Soundwave, Masterpiece Soundblaster and YOTG Soundwave.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

ive had YOTG soundwave since early Jan and i love it.

i have him and his cassette buddies lit up with colour changing led's and it looks a treat,

plus you can do this

I wish I could bring myself to like these as I don't have the Optimus mold, but they are just so damn ugly in my opinion. They look like the juice I get at the bottom of my compost bucket if I haven't emptied it in a few days and everything is going runny. Most definitely a pass for me, hope others can enjoy them.

$120 US from RK, but far more from either BBTS or buying it in Singapore (I was there last week).

Glad I bought it from RK, despite our AUD's rubbish value ATM.

Yes, HK sources seem to be the best for these two, as I got them from Ehobbybaseshop.

I know this is a bit of a necro but with the Myer $99 YotG Soundwave and Prime on offer, I really couldn't give up the chance for the cheapest MISB MP Soundwave I'll ever get.

As I've seen other people say, he really is a lot better in hand and I'm very happy I picked him up.