View Poll Results: What do you think of RID?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic - will watch over and over

1 6.67%
  • Good - better than expected

6 40.00%
  • Ok - not great but not bad

3 20.00%
  • Disappointing - could be better

3 20.00%
  • Rubbish - not worth watching

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 13.33%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon review - Robots in Disguise (2015)

I don't think its as good as Prime but still quite a good show. My main complaint would be that Hasbro try to hard to make audiences know this is a sequel to Prime. Numerous Megatron and Starscream (even Dark Energon!! O.o) have been thrown in as well as numerous Team Prime references like 'my team never did that' or 'that was the worst Starscream impression ever!' and 'I've saved the world from Megatron, Starscream and Dark Energon, I'm not about to become the laughing stock of some game .something. something' and 'hey this looks like Megatrons face!'

6/10

Finally got around to watching this on the weekend with my kids. It was entertaining enough but the storyline was fairly weak. Also, I'm really not a fan of Bumblebee in this show.

I was expecting more but my kids liked it so I'll keep watching too... for now.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    This morning's episode reminded me how disappointing the RID toys are and how great it would be if the amount of love and creativity that went in to the Animated line was repeated. Jazz was very cool and he needs a great toy. Ped also had an interesting design. The show's designers are doing a great job.
    Where are you watching the episodes? Foxtel?

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Where are you watching the episodes? Foxtel?
    Yep I've got a Foxtel online account so I can stream it

Well I just watched the last episode of season 1. I enjoyed the show for the most part. But I feel im getting a little bit tired of the Bad guy of the week thing. They find a bad guy and hunt him down. Bad guy runs. They fight. The end. Was hoping for something to happen in the last episode. But more of the same.

Two things bug me. 1. These are not real Decepticons. They are all just crooks etc. Looks like any bot with a touch of beast were rounded up. Sent off world and the Autobots are the ones putting Con signs on them. Every other show has had real Decepticons. .this does not.

2. Why has Bee not visited Raph!!

My super-quick impressions of Ep’s 6 to 11
    (please note I can’t remember bad guys names as watched them all in a sleep deprived state with a bub on my shoulder in a row last night )

Ep 6 – Horn-headed guy was a half-interesting Con, though the voice-actor never quite nailed the accent quite right. Sometimes he sounded like a gangster, other times like a regular joe. The space-bridge back to Cybertron seemed a half-decent plan - probably the only bad guy out of these half-dozen episodes that didn't make me cringe.

Ep 7 – Nup – crap! We finally get another female Con who is not a version of Black Arachnia/Arachnid and it’s a giant crow who just says “Shiny” a lot. Was it a prison ship or an interstellar ambulance on it’s way to Torqulon?

Ep 8 – Sorta interesting to see Sideswipe being the one standing up for Grimlock. Didn’t get to see enough of the bag-bug-bot to really get any impression of him. Since Chop Shop has shown up, it would have been nice for that character to be Bombshell

Ep 9 – Wow – what a shite Con! A frog-jeep thing- really? I get that the general theme here is vehicle alt-form and robot/animal hybrid bot form, but this was just crap. And his quasi-religious quest came off as more stupid than interesting.

Ep 10 – Jazz! Boo-yah! He was really good in this episode and they kept the character fairly consistent with the Jazz persona. The Con in this episode had the potential to be really good – a tanker truck that turns into a drilling monster – but they stuffed it up. That voice was just stupid, Im trying to remember what other cartoon characters I’ve heard it used for. They should have made him mean and menacing, instead he came off as the dorky cousin of Octane.

Ep 11
    – Sigh, yet again what could have been an interesting bad guy, who they made just that bit too stupid. First he’s shooting spikes and taking down bots, then he’s talking to an elephants arse. Just sad. Didn’t think much of the ‘Protoform aged BBee’ thing either.

Overall I feel like this series has gone downhill from Ep 5 onwards, pretty much since that Buffalo bad guy. All the Cons are just too stupid. While I like the fact that they are being pursued as criminals guilty of various crimes instead of an opposing army, they’ve given them all an average IQ of 60 and it just sucks the fun out of it.

As for the bots Fixit is annoying, Grimlock just doesn’t click, Strongarm and Sideswipe have some potential and Bee has been done to death. The human kid is not interesting, though the Dad character might be ok if they tweak it some. They need to reboot for Season 2 with Jazz in charge and fighting worthy opponents.

Both the toys and the cartoon of this series so far is paling in comparison to Prime and Animated - overall disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Why has Bee not visited Raph!!
    That occurred to me too - so much for lasting friendship eh

I think people are forgetting that this is meant for children. The goofy bad guys and slapstick humor is perfect for that target audience. They throw in the odd wink to old school transformers for the adults who'd be watching it but us old school fans are not who they're aiming to entertain. In that context they have actually balanced the show quite well in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldshift View Post
    I think people are forgetting that this is meant for children. The goofy bad guys and slapstick humor is perfect for that target audience. They throw in the odd wink to old school transformers for the adults who'd be watching it but us old school fans are not who they're aiming to entertain. In that context they have actually balanced the show quite well in my opinion.
    Nope - you can entertain kids without insulting their intelligence. And poor humour is just poor humour, no matter what age bracket it's aimed at. TF Animated pulled off the balance fantastically for the most part - this does not.

However I have been wrong before

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    However I have been wrong before
    You're just wrong.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

i'm going to have to rematch it again, but didn't Jazz/Jazz + Beiber botch his first attempt at capturing the Decepticon Ped? so much for Mr. Cool

But yeah, look, this weeks monster. Let's catch it. Yay, we're all home in time for cornflakes.