View Poll Results: What do you think of RID?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic - will watch over and over

1 6.67%
  • Good - better than expected

6 40.00%
  • Ok - not great but not bad

3 20.00%
  • Disappointing - could be better

3 20.00%
  • Rubbish - not worth watching

0 0%
  • Not even interested

2 13.33%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Cartoon review - Robots in Disguise (2015)

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You're just wrong.
    And yet your oddly misplaced affection for me that you try to hide under a facade of low key hostility continues - so which one of us in the most messed up in the end? The finger methinks is pointing at you boyo

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    And yet your oddly misplaced affection for me that you try to hide under a facade of low key hostility continues - so which one of us in the most messed up in the end? The finger methinks is pointing at you boyo
    LMAO... you got me
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Default Last Episode of RID 2015- SPOLIERS

Hey all

Just watched the last episode of RID 2015 and I was really excited because in the episode description it said after the stuff about Bumblebee and co hunting Decepticons, it said 'Optimus prepares for a danger that will destroy Cybertron and Earth' or something like that. Optimus doesn't even appear, or even a referance to him. I was SO disappointed

Was anyone else?

Yeah saw that in the ep description too. Not too upset over it as it was a nice little episode although Sideswipe's character arc has already gone down this road before.

I never read the episode description, but I'm glad that Optimus Prime didn't appear. One thing that I've been enjoying about this series is that Optimus hasn't returned and that Bumblebee is now leading the Autobots. I'm also glad that Steeljaw has become the de facto boss of the Earthbound Decepticons. Why? Because I am utterly sick and tired of Optimus and Megatron being the leaders all the time!!! This series is trying something bold and different, and I like it! Although I'm not a fan of Optimus occasionally appearing as an Obi-Wan-esque Force-ghost... guh... I really hope that they do NOT bring either Optimus or Megatron back.

And here's another reason: continuity and story integrity.
    At the end of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters (re: Predacons Rising), we saw Megatron renounce his ways and formally disband the Decepticon faction.
    "Because I now know the true meaning of oppression, and have thus lost my taste for inflicting it." <---Megatron experienced a significant epiphany and major character development here. Having him return as a Decepticon leader would undo all that, and render this powerful moment useless. We also saw Optimus Prime make an emotional sacrifice to save Cybertron. This sacrifice also loses its impact/meaning if Optimus Prime were to return.

I'd rather see Hasbro focus on actually developing all of the Decepticons who appear in the show as TOYS, and not just one-step changers, but Warrior Class figures too.

I wasn't implying I wanted him to be a leader, just at least a short end credit like scene or something.
    Also I would like more Warrior Decepticons.

I think it was cartoon network that messed up the episode description. It can be disappointing when something doesn't happen story wise. Optimus' story arc is the b story, the thing that will be a slow boil and pay off at the end of the season or series. Don't worry he'll be back and I don't think it will be to resume command of the autobots and especially not Bee's team.

As RID stands I like the fact that Bee and Steeljaw are at the moment on equal footing as leaders. It will be interesting to see how they both "level up" as the series progresses

I hope that Bumblebee finds his footing as leader though. The whole self-doubting, uncertainty thing got old fast and is too reminiscent of G1 cartoon Rodimus Prime. G1 comic Rodimus Prime was a preferable character because he wasn't plagued by self doubts and trying to compare the size of his Matrix with Optimus'... he just got on with the job of leading the Autobots in their continuing war against the Decepticons!

Loving this series, can't wait for it's return. I think the best course of action for optimus to return (because its going to happen at some point) would be that he comes back to life but leaves to cybertron for some leadership thing there. That would allow prime to be alive and out of limbo (I'm calling it that) and bumblebee can continue his mission on earth with the rest of the crew hunting down the remaning escaped prisoners.

My idea:

The AllSpark has refused to integrate Optimus Prime's Spark because they still have plans for him. After the events of Transformers Prime Beast Hunters, Queen Airachnid has been slowly but surely building a power base on the Insecticon lunar colony, now thriving with legions of warriors serving their queen in a blasphemous state of undeath. The colony is all beneath the lunar surface, thus unseen by Cybertronians. Optimus Prime returns to exercise gunboat diplomacy towards the Insecticons -- i.e. bring armed forces to attempt negotiations with Queen Airachnid; hopefully avoiding conflict but prepared to fight if need be.

The TV episode should just BRIEFLY touch upon this before seeing Optimus Prime lead a force of Autobots away. The actual story of Optimus Prime's mission could be told in a spin off series (e.g. IDW comics) rather than in the TV show, as the show should still focus on Bumblebee and his story-arc.