Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: When did you start collecting Transformers?

The original Optimus Prime was MASSIVE back in 1984 - and I mean gargantuan! Ditto Megatron and Soundwave! Actually, all the boxed Transformers seemed big to me. Even the Constructicons felt large - the first time I got one (Long Haul) I was really impressed with it thinking that it was quite big for a carded figure (cos they tower over the Mini-Bots and cassettes).

wow you guys got rid of your toys!!!, i was always swapping my other toys for TF's the best deal i made was swapping an EMPTY tic tac box for Kup who i is till have or what was swapping a copied game for Optimus Prime

I started collecting last year, which was when I really got into Transformers thanks to the movie.

My first was Movie Signal Flare, since they didn't have any other interesting ones (plus I spent most months hunting for Classics Grimlock. I was ignorant of waves, then...).

I think I decided to 'collect' at the tail end of Beast Wars. I didn't have a lot of Generation 1 toys, lots of G2 and most of Beast Wars. Sought out as much as I could... this was pre Internet days for me you must realize. Bought a smattering of Beast Machines; wasn't really interseted as the show wasn't being shown on Free-To-Air(Only watched BM last year!). I was disgusted with this 'Robots in Disguise' nonsense, everything was repaints (again pre-Internet)! And then I was lost to Transformers, they all stayed packed safely away in box until... Energon! Found that entertaining... -ish. Bought most of the toys... And then there was Alternators. Oh the joy! That kept my interest the entirety of the line. I wasn't interest in much else though. Unfortunately, last year ill health and finacial strife caused me to sell everything; eventualy even my much admired Alternators. I had 8 Transormers as this time last year:
    Generation 1 Optimus
    Generation 2 Firecracker
    Alternators Meister
    Energon Arcee
    Cybertron Armorhide
    Robots In Disguise Optimus
    Real Gear Spy Shot
    Movie Bumblebee

... But now I'm back! Yay! And, much more focused and Savvy on what I collect.