Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Collector Club Animated toys - recommendations?

Default Collector Club Animated toys - recommendations?

Anyone here have all of the Club's Animated figures? I can't afford the full set so I'm wondering if there are any standouts of the 11 released so far I absolutely should try and get?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    They do look good on the MP's, but they are like water transfers which i found are very delicate. They are on a white backing with the clear sticker on top, which you have to cut out, place and then pull off the clear sticker. But they do improve the look of the MP's a great deal with the soundwave stickers they are the mainly the printing on the sides with the volume control and output jacks, ect. When in robot mode they are on the bottom of the feet so you really don't see them. Overall if you have the patience they do look good.
    Great feedback, thank you. I feel that prowls robot mode could handle a few extra decals.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Anyone here have all of the Club's Animated figures? I can't afford the full set so I'm wondering if there are any standouts of the 11 released so far I absolutely should try and get?
    I do, I'm probably not a great reference though since they hold great nostalgia for me, it was my first Botcon.

What other animated figures do you have?
    What animated figures do you prefer?
    How do you feel about doubles of a mold?
    Have you read the convention comic? that will probably effect how you feel about them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I do, I'm probably not a great reference though since they hold great nostalgia for me, it was my first Botcon.

What other animated figures do you have?
    What animated figures do you prefer?
    How do you feel about doubles of a mold?
    Have you read the convention comic? that will probably effect how you feel about them.
    I almost have the full cast of characters that was available at retail. I really like the line as a whole (even the bad figures like Blackarachnia) and don't mind repaints if they are a different character than the original. I've never read a Club comic.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Has anyone seen or heard from Sky Shadow recently?
    According to his public profile, he still logs in occasionally... he's probably just busy at the moment with other (more important) things. Send a PM and next time he logs in he should see it. Or try his blog or deviatart links in his signature for other contact options if you are a member of those sites.

I had a look at my collection of FunPub Animated toys, and was surprised that it took them until 2011 before they used an Animated mould, considering the Animated toys were out between 2008 to 2011.

When it comes to Animated toys, the styling/sculpting/aesthetic of them was so uniquely different to any other line of Transformers, they were quite polarising for not being as easy to blend in with other toys from other lines (for play or display).

For the benefit of others to give their recommendations, these are the FunPub Animated toys...
    - BotCon 2011
    The Motormaster
    Wildrider
    Brakedown
    Drag Strip
    Dead End
    Fisitron
    Toxitron
    Sideswipe
    Autotrooper (x3)
    Minerva (custom class)
    - Official Club Exclusives (2011) -
    Cheetor (noted as "Transtech in story, but used an Animated mould)
    - Subscription figures (2013) -
    Jackpot

Not as many as I had thought... I guess there are so many FunPub toys, it is hard to keep track of them all now.

I almost have the full cast of characters that was available at retail. I really like the line as a whole (even the bad figures like Blackarachnia) and don't mind repaints if they are a different character than the original. I've never read a Club comic.
    I recommend reading the comic, but it's pretty hard to find, I've just checked ebay, amaxon, the book depository, abe books, kings comics, my comicshop.com, just one listing came up and it's not even for the diamond edition thought the extra pages from that are probably in the complete release of the allspark almanac. Phantom zone and the Liverpool comic shop don't have search engines.

It's the only fiction available for these characters so it might help you with picking favorites. the jackpot figure from the subscription service is nice but it has no associated fiction that I'm aware of.

I like the 5 stunticons myself, they are all different in appearance to the original toy design, the new heads help really well but they also have great paint jobs. the ones without new heads are painted differently enough to make them look very distinct.

I think the autotroopers are a cool idea and I like the design of that mold. but as a set of 3 there's a lot of white.

the attendee figure Fisitron is very nice but I have a soft spot for that character ever since I got the G1 version as a kid.

The Toxitron is just a repaint but the character is kind of entertaining, super gaudy colours that somehow work.

the sideswipe is probably the least interesting to me, my only attachment to G2 sideswipe is the super sexy vehicle mode of the masterpiece. the character in the comic though is pretty cool and plays a fairly major role.

Minerva is pretty awesome but I'm biased again because I made her myself.

edit > oh and the cheetor is pretty neat, a great concept that translates pretty well.

I hope that's some help. if you want any clarification let me know, I have some of them on display at the moment so I should be easily able to take a few photos if you would like to see something particular.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I recommend reading the comic, but it's pretty hard to find, I've just checked ebay, amaxon, the book depository, abe books, kings comics, my comicshop.com, just one listing came up and it's not even for the diamond edition thought the extra pages from that are probably in the complete release of the allspark almanac. Phantom zone and the Liverpool comic shop don't have search engines.

It's the only fiction available for these characters so it might help you with picking favorites. the jackpot figure from the subscription service is nice but it has no associated fiction that I'm aware of.

I like the 5 stunticons myself, they are all different in appearance to the original toy design, the new heads help really well but they also have great paint jobs. the ones without new heads are painted differently enough to make them look very distinct.

I think the autotroopers are a cool idea and I like the design of that mold. but as a set of 3 there's a lot of white.

the attendee figure Fisitron is very nice but I have a soft spot for that character ever since I got the G1 version as a kid.

The Toxitron is just a repaint but the character is kind of entertaining, super gaudy colours that somehow work.

the sideswipe is probably the least interesting to me, my only attachment to G2 sideswipe is the super sexy vehicle mode of the masterpiece. the character in the comic though is pretty cool and plays a fairly major role.

Minerva is pretty awesome but I'm biased again because I made her myself.

edit > oh and the cheetor is pretty neat, a great concept that translates pretty well.

I hope that's some help. if you want any clarification let me know, I have some of them on display at the moment so I should be easily able to take a few photos if you would like to see something particular.
    I'm glad you said the Stunticons hold up well in person as those guys are in the lead for my dollars even tho it's about $500 for the set ATM if you find a good price. I'm guessing she might be hard to find since she was the custom class figure but I might also try to get Minerva cause we have so few fem-bots in general.

I'm glad you said the Stunticons hold up well in person as those guys are in the lead for my dollars even tho it's about $500 for the set ATM if you find a good price. I'm guessing she might be hard to find since she was the custom class figure but I might also try to get Minerva cause we have so few fem-bots in general.
    I second the Stunticons. Most of the characters are a better use of the mould than the original and they look so cool. But $500!!! that's almost twice as much as what I paid for mine about 18 months ago!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

is $500 the asking price for the stunticons or completed listing prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    is $500 the asking price for the stunticons or completed listing prices?
    Yes, some asking prices were US$500, but selling price at auction and BIN is between US$275-400.
    One boxset sold as BIN for US$455, but then, there was another auction that went for the same amount that had all the at-show toys with it.

Oddly enough, two bagged sets sold for more as BIN, than two boxed sets that sold at auction.

Kinda shows that if you are desperate and can't wait for an auction, or can't bid on an auction in America, people are willing to pay $100 more for a BIN.

I was talking $500AUD (dam exchange rate). But they do seem overpriced right now at around $650 after shipping. Still good to know that a full set went so cheap, that puts the full set in my price range.