Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: March's majestic merch

I'm just sticking w/ G1 CW Megatron and don't particularly feel the need to have the Armada version. Young Handsprime got both, but Armadaverse was the TF line of his childhood (much as G1 was for me), so I can understand his attraction to that toy.

Man that makes me feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'm just sticking w/ G1 CW Megatron and don't particularly feel the need to have the Armada version. Young Handsprime got both, but Armadaverse was the TF line of his childhood (much as G1 was for me), so I can understand his attraction to that toy.

Man that makes me feel old.
    Yep, the Unicron Trilogy is basically my childhood, though it wasn't until 2008 I started collecting Transformers. The only Armada toy I had for a while was Armada Hot Shot and deluxe class Optimus Prime (plus Movie Inferno which is a redeco of Red Alert). It wasn't till last year that I got a bit more into my collection, and I never regretted that decision.

I feel glad getting both Megatrons because G1 Megatron is hard to find (mostly due to the fact it's FLIPPING MEGATRON and alot of adult fans/collectors are getting him cause he looks more like G1 Megatron compared to previous ones), while Armada Megatron is shelfwarming (various factors like what Gok said about how most Adult fans weren't children around that era and people prefer G1's appearance).
    I'm probably gonna be one of the few people to have Armada Megatron, but hey I'm not complaining
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

While everyone is getting wave one, the final part of Wave 2 arrived on Saturday

... and Superion is the clear winner in combined form.

I actually bought CW Alpha Bravo and Bombshell on the weekend from TRU for a reasonable price.

Maybe a normal event for most posters here but this was the first time, I've bought a TF from a local store in years let alone the usually super expensive TRU.

Mind-boggling!

lol. I Know your feels there.

Siince moving, I've been enjoying a few benefits of local shops.

Speaking of which, nabbed a Legends Rattle (Rattrap) and the ChoroQ Wheeljack Yesterday. Aw haw, he's so cute!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I actually bought CW Alpha Bravo and Bombshell on the weekend from TRU for a reasonable price.

Maybe a normal event for most posters here but this was the first time, I've bought a TF from a local store in years let alone the usually super expensive TRU.

Mind-boggling!
    In an ironic twist, Toys R Us is nowadays actually cheaper than some of the other stores. Notably the legion figures which are $8 there, and $9 everywhere else
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

You know what these guys are missing? That's right Takara, their frickin leader!! Why Takara has taken so long and still not announced or released a new MP Megatron is beyond me.

I would have thought with the teasers for the 3rd party Apollyon (ie. no-Megatron) MP scaled figure, that this would have been the kick up the arse Takara needed. But still silence from them!!

I will just have to keep on waiting I guess.....

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post

Mind-boggling!
    Even as a die-hard store-shopper, I find myself re-discovering the joys of in-store buying, since I had to buy most of my Generations stuff from Amazon. And good timing too, now that Amazon USA no longer ships toys overseas (and the falling AUD against the USD).

I'm just in this annoying period where I've piggy-backed on a group order for CW wave 1 (as well as later Generations stuff) -- at the time not being entirely confident of them being easily available here -- but I don't think the order will arrive until after Easter, but in the meantime I keep seeing all this cool CW wave 1 stuff which I know I have ordered online, but I want to own it NOW! So I've purchased Powerglide and all the Wave 1 Aerialbots, knowing that I'm going to have to sell off the excess when my online orders arrive.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 9th March 2015 at 01:13 PM.

Maybe it's because I'm a 90s kid, but Megatron as a green and purple tank just feels right, somehow.