Thread: The Transformers Collection Count & Historical Events Game

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default The Transformers Collection Count & Historical Events Game

Here's how it works:
    * Count your Transformers toys - ANY method you like (so long as it produces a number)
    * Correlate that number to a year, then tell us at 3 interesting facts about that year!
    * You may play as many times as you like as your collection number increases. You may also include both B.C.E. and C.E. years. B.C.E. years will be essential if your collection count exceeds 2015; although you may need to simply round your collection count if there isn't enough exacting historical data for your precise collection count. e.g. If your count is 3383, well, I don't think there's enough data on that exact year, but we do have information about some cool things that happened in that Century (e.g. the Greek city of Troy is built).

------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I'll start.
    My current TF count is 1866. Here are 3 things that happened in 1866:
    • The Bread Riots happened in Queensland when 250 men stormed Parliament House in response to work and food shortages.

• Italy declares war on Austria on 20/6. The war ends on 12/10 with the signing of the Treaty of Vienna

• Alfred Nobel has a blast and invents dynamite, yo!

1869:

* William Lanne(y), the last full-blooded Tasmanian Aboriginal, dies. William Crowther (Member for Hobart Town and future Premier of Tasmania), dismembers Lanney's body. He also removed the skull and sent it to the Royal College of Surgeons in London. Even in 1869 this act outraged many people; a brawl ensued outside the Council chambers. Crowther was reprimanded.

* Mahatma Gandhi is born.

* All Japanese domains are returned to Emperor Meiji, forming a fully centralised government. This is the second year of the Meiji Period where Japan is thrust out of being an isolated feudal society to becoming a modern industrialised nation.

1870:
    * The fireman's pole is invented.
    * In the United States, blacks and women gain the right to vote.
    * Japan adopts the Hinomaru ("Circle of the Sun") as its flag.

Well it's probably not 100% accurate (doesn't include my Armada, Binaltech, TP and micros teams are counted as one) but my count is 537 so:
    *The construction of the Hagia Sophia in Constantinople is completed.
    *Battle of Camlann: King Arthur fights his last battle against the forces of his rebellious son Mordred and is mortally wounded.
    *Pope Vigilius succeeds Silverius as the 59th pope, when the latter is deposed by Belisarius at the order of Justinian I.

Source: Wikipedia

32 ( )

Saint Peter becomes the first pope
    Roman Emperor Marcus Salvius Otho is born
    Gnaues Domitus Ahenobarbus and Lucius Arruntias Camillus Scribonianus become Roman Consuls (that was a mouthful to type

Updated my count to 598:
    *the year began on a Wednesday
    *and really not a whole lot else... well nothing really worth mentioning anyway.