& repaint it in these colours:
    so it would equal this:

damn that took a while

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

nice, id buy it if it was like that, the hasbro one is so bland. They didnt even get white right, mine looks dirty and is still in box

Nice borge! You got a decent looking silver on his paws there, what's your technique for recolouring?

er well, i just use some basic things on photoshop - photo filter, hue/sat., etc

for the hands, i was desaturating them but you couldnt see them when they were all white, so i left them a bit dirty to see them - but silver sounds better :P

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Thanks for that George

It's beyond me why Hasbro didn't attempt a similar colour scheme with him in the first place (UM does not equal White OP... )

I wonder how that would look in vehicle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse
    It's beyond me why Hasbro didn't attempt a similar colour scheme with him in the first place (UM does not equal White OP... )
    Wanna bet?

To be fair, the original Ultra Magnus toy from G1 - being a repaint of Diaclone Powered Convoy, was basically a white Optimus Prime but with a different trailer that happened to transform into a suit of armour for him. While that armour has undoubtedly become an iconic part of Ultra Magnus' image the fact is that the true robot form is a white repaint of Optimus Prime (no doubt thanks to the fact that G1 artists always drew him inside his armour and we never saw him in his basic robot form).

I really liked how Dreamwave showed Ultra Magnus in his true core robot form (after having his external armour stripped away).

Having said that, it would've been nice if they could incorporate the trailer colours with the cab robot as it would break up the monotonous white and make it look nicer. We've already seen Takara do something like that with Laser Ultra Magnus and it'll be interesting to see if TakaraTOMY will do something along those lines with Henkei! Henkei! Ultra Magnus (presuming that UM will come out in Henkei). So while I agree that doing a white repaint of Prime as Ultra Magnus all the time is very much minimal in effort and rather bland, it is inaccurate to say that Ultra Magnus "shouldn't be" a white Prime repaint - because quite frankly, it is G1 accurate! But in the absence of a trailer/armour it is bland (if you only had the G1 Ultra Magnus cab robot with no trailer it would suck as a toy).

Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 4th September 2008 at 06:51 PM.

Everyone is so down on the white UM Classic from Hasbro. Personally I was a big fan

And like Gok said, it is G1 Accurate :P

EDIT: More to the point, that picture is totally awesome Borge. Top stuff

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wanna bet?

To be fair, the original Ultra Magnus toy from G1 - being a repaint of Diaclone Powered Convoy, was basically a white Optimus Prime but with a different trailer that happened to transform into a suit of armour for him. While that armour has undoubtedly become an iconic part of Ultra Magnus' image the fact is that the true robot form is a white repaint of Optimus Prime (no doubt thanks to the fact that G1 artists always drew him inside his armour and we never saw him in his basic robot form).

I really liked how Dreamwave showed Ultra Magnus in his true core robot form (after having his external armour stripped away).

Having said that, it would've been nice if they could incorporate the trailer colours with the cab robot as it would break up the monotonous white and make it look nicer. We've already seen Takara do something like that with Laser Ultra Magnus and it'll be interesting to see if TakaraTOMY will do something along those lines with Henkei! Henkei! Ultra Magnus (presuming that UM will come out in Henkei). So while I agree that doing a white repaint of Prime as Ultra Magnus all the time is very much minimal in effort and rather bland, it is inaccurate to say that Ultra Magnus "shouldn't be" a white Prime repaint - because quite frankly, it is G1 accurate! But in the absence of a trailer/armour it is bland (if you only had the G1 Ultra Magnus cab robot with no trailer it would suck as a toy).
    I'm not buying that White Semi Cab = UM Comic tripe for a second.

IMO, These three figures (amongst other white primes) are not UM.

To me, These 3 figures are UM.

Maybe we should agree to disagree on this...

BORGEMAN YOUR SIG INTRIGUES ME WHO IS THE LADY FALLING LOL