Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey from the southcoast nsw.

Default Hey from the southcoast nsw.

Hey guys how is it going. My names deno i hail from the illawarra/south coast of nsw. Been eyeing off the forums for a while now and decided to try and get on board to try and network up with a few collectors and make things a bit easier to "improve" the collection.

As we all know being a avid transformers collector in australia seems to be so much more difficult then other places in the world unless youve got plenty of cash to throw around. I beleive this comes down tona lack of network. Collwctors in australia seem to be so scarce or spread so far around the country that it makes things difficult for us all. This is why i have finally taken the leap to sign up.

I was born in 87 so i definately missed the original g1 bandwagon. But growing up my whole childhood all i remember is playing with lego, gi joes, dinoriders and more importantly TRANSFORMERS.

my earliest memory of playing with them would have to come from between 1991 and 1995 when i was living in darwin. Many of the figures inuse to own were from the end of g1 and beginning g2 series with pyro, clench, rotorstorm and stalker, to name a few.

At some point during this period i remember being shown the transformers movie. My brother or my dad had recorded it from the tv onto a vhs, recorded after a dreadful movie known as ferngully. Non stop all i did was want to watch this movie fastforward the rough ferngully to try and find the beginning or the movie. It was eye opening experience. As we all know what more could a boy want. From here my brother and i also managaed to get hooked onto robotech/macross.

I never really began collecting until infound some of the masterpiece figures online and couldnt help but begin my collection.

I have tried to narrow my collection to mostly g1/g2 and masterpiece firgues however. Since then i have not been able to help myself and lashed out on a few other lines.

To be honest my collection is not huge but its mine and i do plan on expanding it, but for the time i make do.

I am currently looking at a better display option for my collection when im able to get a few dollars around my fiances back, that way i would be able to pull most of them out of the storage cupbaord i have and show them off. Love to display in alt modes.

I am currently apart of a few fb groups and watch ebay regularly for good deals. But besides this find it hard to come across figures where i am from. Hence why i am joining up. To see who the collectors and traders are in my neighbourhood and so far i have found a few. Amd hopefully am able to get in contact with some.

I have 1 o the er mate that i have met down my way who loves them. Has a sweet collection but is currently just brought out a ep band"elia fell" check them out on itunes.

I regularly haunt the new shellharbour tru store and local knarts argets and bigws as mu children as i can and find shellharbour target and tru to be the best bet for new figures. If i can get in before other collectors. So far ive been pretty licky.

I look forward to hearing from a few of the locals if they wanna get in contact fb "dene hillman" more thenup for a long overdue chat with some other collectors. And look forward to posting up some oics of my collection and trading with a few of you guys.

Deno.

welcome to the forums , Deno you must of had a few drinks as you wrote the last few paragraphs haha
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

welcome aboard mate!!

First up, don't knock Ferngully. I liked that movie.

Second, welcome to the boards that was an epic intro post. So either you work up this way, or you waste huge amounts of petrol driving from Nowra to Shellharbour.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Greetings and Welcome to OZformers!
    Glad you've decided to join us.

Any pics of your collection? - Whack 'em here if you haven't already (Or when you can) as we LOVE to see the collections of others.

Trent's not wrong, from Nowra it isn't a huge journey to Shellharbour but it's certainly enough to cost a bit in Petrol - Got to admire your determination & commitment though.

Indeed it can be tough as a collector living south of the Gong, just ask The_Damned or Bartrim! ; Shellharbour is definitely proving to be the "Go To" for anyone south of Sydney of late, especially as Wollongong continues its slow & lingering death in retail (Amongst other things) - Networking and Online outlets are your best resources however, your wallet will likely never thank you again though!

Welcome mate, another South Coast member to add to the list!

Yep welcome Deno. Looks like there is a few of us South Coasties around here. I was just at Shellharbour this morning, picked up G1 Megatron. Can't believe there were 8 MP Ultra Magnus' at TRU. At $300 a pop they will shelf warm.

I highly recommend the IKEA Detolf for your display. I've bought 5 but you can easily add to them over time.

Cheers

Adrian

Haha. Um yer i work from nowra for a construction materials testing company and pretty much work between bega and stdeny so am in wollongong at least a few times a week. Lately been spending plenty of time at dapto ont he brooks reach sub division. So Not much of a detour off the highway to tru

I had to put my mp magnus on layby at 300$ was too much but when i saw him they only had 3 out so jumped on him. Saw them opening up a box full the other day to put on the shelf. Target 20% off at TN e moment is good. Still cant justify 70-90$ per megs. And i dont want to collapse and grab all the combiner wars at target. Trying to be sensible and stick to g1/early g2 and mps. Still not sure if im sold on superion. Individual molds look sweet and a great homage to g1 who i had. But combined... the only pic ive seen that i liked so mu children i thought i needed them was a custom that i tried to buy on ebay a few weeks ago. Missed out

Its great to see so many south coast and illawarra guys on here. Going to hopefully make things so much easier.

Im planning on hitting uo ikea for a wardrobe carcus and some glass shelves with the shelf lights on them for display. Then would need to find a door solution. Because who wants to be forever dusting their collection, right?

Do many of you local guys get together for trades? Or anything. Ill try and post up pics of collectiom when my membership opens up and post uo what ill have for trades preferably. Though missus would probably prefer cash to pay for the wedding at the end of the year.

Autobreadticon. If inget time and a computer to use ill try and fix it up. Was using stocklands wifi and my phone while missus was getting a hair cut and ran out of time to finish it all off properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pep_87 View Post
    Trying to be sensible and stick to g1/early g2 and mps.
    Welcome.

Also that is the hard part... being sensible.

Welcome mate! Def hard to be sensible esp with all these mp's coming out!...