Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Decepticon Toy

Default Best Decepticon Toy

Hi Everyone,

To date I have only collected G1 Transformers, I am looking to branch out for my final Decepticon in my collection for now. Most of them started out as junkers and have been repaired then repro labelled.

Currently I have the following (all Japanese Variants);

G1 AutoBots

Ultra Magnus
    Mirage
    Jazz
    SideSwipe
    Prowl
    Ratchet (With Best Toys Head)
    Blaster with Rewind
    Wheeljack
    Jetfire
    Optimus Prime (Cab Only)
    Grimlock
    Sludge

G1 Decepticons

Soundwave with Ravage
    Shrapnel
    Bombshell
    Kickback
    Starscream
    Thundercracker
    Skywarp
    WeirdWolf

On the way;

Alternators Shockwave

I like the G1 styling in Robot Mode but in vehicle mode I am not too fussed, can anyone suggest a Decepticon that will fit the mold. I am looking to balance out my collection, so bot similar size to G1 Ultra Magnus/Blaster would be ideal.

Cheers,

J

Quote Originally Posted by jmacbrid View Post
    I am looking to balance out my collection, so bot similar size to G1 Ultra Magnus/Blaster would be ideal.

Sixshot

If you were looking for a G1 toy, I'd suggest looking for a reissue Galvatron. He's about the same size as Ultra Magnus, is an 'official' leader character for your 'cons, and would look really good with those other 'cons you have (in either original colours or the anime variant).

For something newer. Maybe Ultra Onslaught or Darkwing from the Universe 2.0 line. Or the upcoming Combiner Wars Leader Thundercracker toy.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by 'branching out', but here's my suggestions.

From G1, probably Galvatron. Scorponok could work too, but he's a just a little bit big for what you say you're looking for. That said, it might still look good given you have more Autobots than Decepticons.

If you're alright with non-G1 toys, the recent Leader-class Megatron might suit your needs.
    Masterpiece Black Convoy is another good possibility. Probably kind of expensive though.
    It's a little bit different stylistically than the old 80s toys, but Transformers Animated Megatron or Shadow Blade Megatron could be a good fit too.

I'd second Galvatron if you want G1. Failing that, watch a review or 2 of the Combiner Wars Leader Class Megatron. Could be what you want.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I am looking for something outside of G1, as with Shockwave I am not the biggest fan of G1 version nor the price. But I love the Alternator version.

Funnily enough I actually have a 90% complete G1 Galvatron (He is missing the orange cannon), is about to be re-listed on Ebay (Buyer didn't pay). I am not the biggest fan, especially given that I can't track down an orange cannon has been a major source of annoyance.

Good suggestions so far, I will be researching them tonight.

If you want something G1, I would say either Sixshot or one of the target masters from season 4.

If you want something more modern, maybe Leader Class G1 Megatron from Combiner Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Sixshot
    Yep, that's the go
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Wat about g1 combiners?

I agree with the Galvatron suggestion. The moment I saw you say Ultra Magnus I was thinking Galvatron is your best bet.