View Poll Results: Which Lego themes do people prefer to collect?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • City

14 36.84%
  • Star Wars

14 36.84%
  • Superheros DC/MARVEL

14 36.84%
  • Creator

7 18.42%
  • Technic

1 2.63%
  • Castle/Kingdoms

7 18.42%
  • Pirates

7 18.42%
  • Space

13 34.21%
  • Friends

0 0%
  • Agents/Ninjago/Chima

5 13.16%
  • Junior

0 0%
  • Advanced Collector Sets

6 15.79%
  • Vintage

4 10.53%
  • Something of everything

5 13.16%
  • Specific Themes or Other

7 18.42%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Which Lego themes do people prefer to collect?

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime
    I've collected City series before, it's all packed up now (thinking of selling these off actually) coz of space issues. Used to have them spread out - as in a whole city/town but I needed the space for my TF collection.

[snip*]
    Let me know if you want to sell some liege as my kids love city and some of the stuff there looks cool.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

I mainly collect City sets but have slowed down a lot as the models begin to repeat early versions - I only get the newer model if it is a significant improvement on the previous.

I have a number of vintage Legoland sets too. Mostly from when I was a kid but I still pick up the occasional one - mainly trying to complete the 1978/79 range. Something about the aesthetic of the simple vehicles - many of which don't even accommodate the minifigure they come with - that I really like.

Also have every Indiana Jones set (except the BrickMaster and SDCC exclusives). I wish they'd come out with a few more sets for this theme!

I collect mainly from the licensed sets.

I'm also mainly a collector of the mini figures which can make things a lot tougher at times as I don't need the entire set but the individual figures still add up.

Only special themes like Lord of the Rings and Simpsons...Super Heroes looks tempting to start now

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    Let me know if you want to sell some liege as my kids love city and some of the stuff there looks cool.
    Sure thing, I just haven't got around to sorting it really.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I got back in to LEGO when I bought the Ghostbusters set last year. It's amazing, and totally reminded me why I used to love LEGO so much.

I have a big box of the original series of pirate lego in 1989, this was the first lego I purchased with my won $$$ from working in woolies. I would love to build the sets up and buy the two pieces I could never afford - the fortress and the Barracuda. Dreams are free

DC Super Heroes & The Simpsons, along with the occasional Ideas/Cuusuu or other set.

In addition to Marvel which is what I collect normally I have a little Star Wars, a little Movie and I grabbed the Speed Champion cars when they were on sale for $15. I have in storage City, Aquanauts, Ice Planet, Race and some other random sets from when I was a kid.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

SW was my main but Superheroes is fast catching up, Hobbit and LotR when they were around