Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pros & Cons of Michael Bay - discussion topic

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Its my opinion of it, Transformers is what it is, you don't like it thats your take on it. Its been like this for 30 years. If you want I make it three liners and so on. I felt Bay had failed on many levels after the first two movies.

Saying that its like 5th episode of TF movie and bumble bee still kick ass but no voice.

I am standing as it is, if you feel that 30 years was bunch of looser storyline then perhaps you are not watching the Transformers as it is.

You are free to enjoy the movie line as you please. I don't have to agree with everyone here, quite simple.

The optimus I know is definately not of this version.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post

I am standing as it is, if you feel that 30 years was bunch of looser storyline then perhaps you are not watching the Transformers as it is.

Again - you are making confronting and adversarial statements. Who said anything about what's come before being loser storylines? People CAN enjoy what has come before and yet still want to see new storylines and different takes on existing characters. I quite liked Wheeljack from TFPrime. A former Wrecker who is battle-hungry and in your face. Does this mean I hated G1 Wheeljack? Of course not! I love the affable mad scientist! In fact I like the G1 version better but I still enjoyed this take on him.

Like I've said in other threads, the Movieverse Optimus is certainly in no way how I would have written and portrayed the character, but it doesn't stop me enjoying this different take on him where he is becoming hardened from all the struggles they have been through on earth such as being betrayed by his mentor, being betrayed by the humans, watching his friends die, dying himself etc etc.

You need to calm down and make rational arguments mate - not make confronting statements that make it sound like you are casting judgements on others because of their proclivities - DONT say thing like 'you are not watching Transformers as it is' - it's just rude.

Again it is what it is.

transformers 7.2
    revenge of the fallen 6.0
    DOTM 6.3
    Transformers: Age of Extinction(2014) 5.8

Speaks for itself doesn't it?

You can like it all you want. Nobody's stopping you.

The looser battles is what its all its been, so saying "I am tired of it" you are sick of it.

BTW, many out there are clueless of the existence of G1 Transformers.
    What I feel is the movie line has almost demolished every single thing that what transformers was.

Again it is what it is.

transformers 7.2
    revenge of the fallen 6.0
    DOTM 6.3
    Transformers: Age of Extinction(2014) 5.8

Speaks for itself doesn't it?
    i like comparing numbers too. Here are a few of my favourites

Transformers
    $708,559,914
    Revenge of The Fallen
    $836,276,689
    Dark of The Moon
    $1,123,746,689
    Age of Extinction
    $1,091,394,158

Speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i like comparing numbers too. Here are a few of my favourites

Transformers
    $708,559,914
    Revenge of The Fallen
    $836,276,689
    Dark of The Moon
    $1,123,746,689
    Age of Extinction
    $1,091,394,158

Speaks for itself, doesn't it?
    yeah meaning people just love explosions. But you are not taking in consideration of what is actually reviewed. I did not watch the first TF movie in the cinemas

Likewise Star wars has build up a lot of hype and will definately get $$$, but will the fans like it?

I for one pay no attention to ratings at all. I go to see a movie to be entertained and to check my brain at the door. I use my brain all day at work and last thing that I want to do is have to think about a movie that I am watching.

Say what you will about Michael Bay he does make a very entertaining action movie. Explosions, fast cars crashing, giant bots battling are all things that I love to watch and judging by the money that the TF movies have made so do other people. I really dont care about a detailed story or plot holes, I just want to be entertained. He has the right formula to make money from movies. I will be lining up for TF5 decked out in TF gear ready to watch bots battle.

yeah meaning people just love explosions. But you are not taking in consideration of what is actually reviewed. I did not watch the first TF movie in the cinemas

Likewise Star wars has build up a lot of hype and will definately get $$$, but will the fans like it?

why would i take somebody elses thoughts on the movie into account ? I'm more than capable of making that decision myself. If you want to be another mindless drone, keep reading other peoples thoughts and making your decisions accordingly

The looser battles is what its all its been, so saying "I am tired of it" you are sick of it.
    You just..... you just really aren't getting this whole 'don't tell others what they are saying because it's rude' point I'm trying to make are you, which is mainly what I'm trying to point out. Fine, you win. Keep being that way to folks - I'm sure people will credit you with a great deal of maturity for doing so. I get the feeling I'm just trying to push water uphill anyway. Good luck to you

Clearly because reviews do play an important roll on where each movie is at.
    I didn't say you look at reviews before making a decision to watch.

It does however show an indication of how much appreciation for that particular movie. Or do you think people just rate purely on explosions?

[QUOTE= Good luck to you[/QUOTE]

No prob, 5th time lucky on bee's voice?