Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 201

Thread: The Pros & Cons of Michael Bay - discussion topic

  1. #171
    Join Date
    7th Mar 2012
    Location
    Wollongong
    Posts
    6,320

    Default

    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

  2. #172
    Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    3rd Feb 2014
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    It does amuse me however, that so many folk that have hated a few 2-hour-something movies have probably spent probably 10 times longer talking about why they hated them than actually watching the movies themselves

    It's a bit like with Athiesm. A passionate athiest still thinks about gods all the time, albiet in terms of denying their existence. Then you have other forms of athiest who have just dismissed the idea of gods altogether so much that the topic never even enters their mind. There are some who hate the movies so much they have turned it into a consuming passion - often talking about them far more than people that loved the flicks! Then there are others who didn't like the movies so much they have put them from mind and wouldn't even consider bothering to chat about them.
    I've seen them all. Am i allowed to talk about how i hate them?

    What amuses me is that you post on a transformers forum, in a thread discussing the pros and cons of michael bay and have to ask why we're discussing the pros and cons of michael bay.

    I have no idea what you're on about with atheism and Michael bay movies.

    Is it wrong people want a better transformer movie and want to discuss it?

    Perhaps try reading the actual points that were made in the last few pages about why people are not happy with the movies. Or you could raise points of your own as to why bayformers are great.

  3. #173
    Join Date
    2nd Jun 2011
    Location
    Rylstone
    Posts
    8,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smint View Post
    I've seen them all. Am i allowed to talk about how i hate them?

    What amuses me is that you post on a transformers forum, in a thread discussing the pros and cons of michael bay and have to ask why we're discussing the pros and cons of michael bay.

    I have no idea what you're on about with atheism and Michael bay movies.

    Is it wrong people want a better transformer movie and want to discuss it?

    Perhaps try reading the actual points that were made in the last few pages about why people are not happy with the movies. Or you could raise points of your own as to why bayformers are great.
    Haha! Oh god here we go again!

    Discuss it all you like! I'm not saying you are wrong to do so or that your opinions of the movie are wrong. Nor did I ask why you were debating it. I was demonstrating how some people hate the movies and nearly a year after the last one are talking about their dislike, while others that disliked it just never want to think about the movies again. The atheist thing was an example of similar behaviour to help illustrate what I was on about. I'm not saying the movies are great or trying to convince you of such a fact. It was an observation of behaviour - not a judgement of it.

    Really, this is not that hard a concept to understand folks

  4. #174
    Join Date
    4th Jan 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,139

    Default

    At the end of the day, the fact the movies generate such heated opinions and discussion is probably a successful thing.

    They may not be memorable in the RIGHT ways depending on your point of view, but they are memorable enough to cause some kind of emotional sentiment about them.

    And let's face it - for Bay - any marketing is going to be good marketing because it does put the films out there. People will watch because they like Transformers. People will watch for the mindless non-storyline action and explosions. People will watch because of all the criticism and can't believe a movie about such cool childhood toys could possibly be THAT bad... For him it's a win-win whatever any of us think.

  5. #175
    drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    20th Jul 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,181

    Default

    ^ I have no dispute on his attempt. It was at least a good effort. I only wished it was better.

  6. #176
    Join Date
    18th Jun 2012
    Location
    St Clair
    Posts
    1,982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Haha! Oh god here we go again!

    Discuss it all you like! I'm not saying you are wrong to do so or that your opinions of the movie are wrong. Nor did I ask why you were debating it. I was demonstrating how some people hate the movies and nearly a year after the last one are talking about their dislike, while others that disliked it just never want to think about the movies again. The atheist thing was an example of similar behaviour to help illustrate what I was on about. I'm not saying the movies are great or trying to convince you of such a fact. It was an observation of behaviour - not a judgement of it.

    Really, this is not that hard a concept to understand folks
    Quit while your behind big fella, your point is clearly sailing over people's heads

    My personal opinion I expressed when I saw the movie. Done. Feel no need to drum on about it either way a year later. Snore fest

  7. #177
    Join Date
    2nd Jun 2011
    Location
    Rylstone
    Posts
    8,029

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Quit while your behind big fella, your point is clearly sailing over people's heads

    My personal opinion I expressed when I saw the movie. Done. Feel no need to drum on about it either way a year later. Snore fest
    Heh - yep! I really didn't think it was difficult a concept but I guess I'd best go back to your tack and be an entertained observer, otherwise as Trent so succinctly pointed out -

    Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    - I'm just going to be doing the debating version of this to folk, when I was never even trying to debate or question their opinions in the first place

    So go for your life kids! Love or hate the movie till the cows come home! No judgement from me (not that there really was in the first place. I did say I was amused but then when my toddler dances to the Wiggles I am amused by his behavior and it certainly doesn't mean I'm judging him negatively for it - it just makes me grin )

  8. #178
    drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member
    Join Date
    20th Jul 2013
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,181

    Default

    Coffee? Anyone?

  9. #179
    Join Date
    30th Dec 2007
    Location
    Japanicus Minimus
    Posts
    7,138

    Default

    Slightly going back to a Trev post er... somewhere back there,
    I saw the movies and hated them, but I feel that I have got my amusement from talking about how bad they are. Oh and my money's worth too. Although I didn't pay , so yay for free tickets.

    To me, Bay films seem to be a random collection of action scenes that looks cool, and someone has to string them together somehow. Transformers especially so.

    90% of atheists agree too.

  10. #180
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Chadstone, Vic
    Posts
    14,480

    Default

    Just saw some of ROTF (it's on Go! right now) and I know it's an unpopular opinion but I'd have liked to see more of Leo.

    Second thought, watching them run around the desert I wonder how this movie would look if the colours of this movie were made more natural rather than the blue/orange colour grading (Like that Man of Steel in Colour video that went around a few weeks ago).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •