Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pros & Cons of Michael Bay - discussion topic

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ^Amen!

I watch these films out of fan obligation.
    You are part of the problem. The producers will never listen to what you say, because you are going to give your money regardless of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    You are part of the problem. The producers will never listen to what you say, because you are going to give your money regardless of quality.
    Cut him some slack, its no worse than supporting your home football team even though the manager sucks, a lot of veteran players are way past their use by date and you know they're gonna lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Cut him some slack, its no worse than supporting your home football team even though the manager sucks, a lot of veteran players are way past their use by date and you know they're gonna lose.
    Besides, It's not as though the movies are tipped over into profitability by the hard core of TF fans who watch them all. Let's not kid ourselves about our monetary influence on the Hollywood machine or the brand. Given how much money they make from regular movie-goers, any TF movie could survive a complete boycott by the proper TF fans. No need to pick on poor old Gok.

Actually, I used free movie vouchers to watch AoE twice in the cinema (and a discount voucher which was about to expire to watch it at IMAX).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Actually, I used free movie vouchers to watch AoE twice in the cinema (and a discount voucher which was about to expire to watch it at IMAX).
    That's (a bit) better. Now for penance, go and watch 6 hours of Kurosawa & Welles.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Um... doesn't that mentality kind of ensure you'll hate it, since you're expecting something to suck and therefore will look for aspects that suck to confirm your suspicion? I'm certainly guilty of this myself, mind you, but I'm just pointing it out.
    Nope. When you expect a stinky turd, a not smelly turd is super nice. I often go in with low expectations, and if the movie is better than I though it'd be = Yay for me. Case inpoint, the live action Dragonball Zed movie. Of course tis is going to be a piece of crap. I knew this, went to watch it, quite enjoyed it. Unlike all he DBZ fans in the cinema with me at the time.

Sadly no matter how low my expectations for Transformers films are, they always seem to be worse than I expected. Considering how much of a grumpy guy I can be, that's quite an accomplishment!
    That's (a bit) better. Now for penance, go and watch 6 hours of Kurosawa & Welles.
    lol. Nicely said

My local cinema had a 'pay for dinner and watch AoE' which was $20 to support our local cadets. It's what got me back into Transformers.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    My local cinema had a 'pay for dinner and watch AoE' which was $20 to support our local cadets. It's what got me back into Transformers.
    Guess that was minimum effort to get you back.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Guess that was minimum effort to get you back.
    I like to think it was just the Dinobots, but damn, I'm starting to like Bays Movies
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am okay with some Bay movies, just not a big fan for TFs after no.2
    TMNT was like best of the lot (turtles movies) but still not the turtles I really know.