Thread: The 40k Thread

Default The 40k Thread

Discuss and talk about Warhammer 40,000. Lore, miniatures, retarded prices of GW figures armies whatever.

ATM I collect Tyranids, Grey Knights, Sons of Horus and am about to start a Mechanicum army.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I used to do 40K and Fantasy. Still have Necron and Sisters of Battle (though I think they're now called Sororitas) armies in their own cases but I don't think I'll be playing them anytime soon. At least two editions of the core rulebook have passed and I've found more intuitive games out there.

But I might paint up the remaining minis I do have. The best thing that has come from the experience is the painting and customising skills I have when it comes to repainting and repairing transformers.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

i love the lore of 40k and art..... was never into the board game but was painting the miniatures, i stop as they cost way too much!!.. Warhammer 40,000: Regicid game just got release which looks really good... planing to get that after i finish witcher3....lol i finished most of the other 40k game on pc....like space hulk ,dawn of war and Space marines ....
    I preorder 40k movie Ultramarines... as the production look so good....but what a disappointment that was.... i think the Space Marine game is better in every ways , from looks too the story!! ....
    I can't wait for the fan movie to come out ...the trailer looking amazing atm....

I have Ultra Marines on DVD... the trailers for Dawn of War looked better... sigh

I miss playing 40k as it is me and my mates are getting back into playing fantasy after a 10 year hiatus.

Elder are my army of choice. Dawn of War is great fun too!!

We have a 40k thread?

I'm constantly caught between my primary hobbies of miniatures and toy collecting, though essentially both are forms of collecting (of toy like objects) so they fall under the same banner in the end.

Honestly I think I find miniature collecting more rewarding than even TF collecting (heresy I know) because the older I've gotten the more interested I am in painting stuff, and the better my technique.

I meet with a group of people almost every Friday and play games, as of late 40k has actually experienced a sort of renaissance of late locally with a resurgence in games after a quiet period. This mostly due to the increased fun content and focus on less competitive more fluff/lore focused gameplay. Far from the cleverest game around, but putting some tanks and guys on the field and rolling a bunch of dice reminds me of playing Gi Joe or Transformers when I was a kid, but with some sense of order.

Have several armies owing to keeping armies from my teens in storage, one or two of them are almost 20 years old now.

Did someone say Mechanicus? That's my new obsession. (ok you said Mechanicum, but Mechanicus is close enough)

PS: Warhammer Fantasy gets a revamp in a month or so the rumours say, guess we will see what happens.

I am currently selling my Chaos Space Marines, and my Warhammer Lizardmen Army. My Lizardmen because of the up coming Warhammer revamp, and my Chaos because I don't play them anymore.

Also to fund my Mechanicum project

Here are some pics of my armies displayed with my Tfs.

My Sons of Horus/Luna Wolves.

My First Tyranid Shelf

My Second Tyranid Shelf

Optimus Maximus VS Saurus Lord Carnosaur VS Heirophant Bio-Titan FIGHT!

Wow that look hectic..... bring on more pics!!!.... now need closeup one