Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TnR T-01 (MP Jazz)

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by leej84 View Post
    all i hear is autobot cars lol

need decepticon mp's!
    Amen to that, which is why I hunted down Quakewave (and am looking at hexatron continuum or ... clonedroid's one (KO retool of a 3P unlicensed official character...), got Apollyon, and have preordered not-Reflector and not-Insecticons, and looking forward to the not-Cyclonus and not-Scourge. Also there's a 3rd 3P Astro Train in the works, not sure of the scale yet but it's got a more G1 toy aesthetic and looks alright, if not a bit blocky, so far (though it might just be upscaled G1 with joints and cuts).

The first, series, if you will, was a lot more autobot heavy, so they have to jump ahead (which they already have with rodimus and star saber), I dont expect an MP megs v2 so I would love to imagine an MP Galvatron... Worst case they still have coneheads. Certainly is an autobot fans world with official cars and 3 p cars and minibots out the wazoo. Also they would probably make Stepper a proper general release like TFC reissues.

Jazz is one of my favourite characters of all time, I like the look of this but I have to expect an official MP Jazz is in the works. so unless this turns out to be mind-blowing I'll probably skip it.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I'd like to believe that Takara are working on an MP Jazz, really I would, but I just don't know. Their release schedule seems random.

This looks pretty good, Takara have proven themselves on deluxe size MP cars, so this is one thing I'd except they could do as well as if not better as some new 3rd party. Yet I've been waiting for Jazz since the Datsun bots were announced, not sure I can remain patient much longer without signs from above.

Also that grappling hook and winch looks kind of cool, if they do make an official one will they include his winch?

considering Takara's penchant for including accessories that were either featured heavily or blink & miss, yes, they should include the winch

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    if they do make an official one will they include his winch?
    Yeah, but it will come with MP Stepper...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Yeah, but it will come with MP Stepper...
    Sounds about right, there is only a finite amount of accessories they pack with these things, and It's likely that his speakers and possibly missile launcher will take priority. Also Takotm may just do a plastic molded grappling hook arm attachment like Sideswipes pile drivers rather than a full winch.

Still as I said I'd be happy just o have a Jazz of equal quality to the rest of the MP cars, if this guys fits the bill then I might have to get him. At any rate minor quibbles aside if the finished product matches the render then this will be a tough act to follow.

I am hoping MP Jazz will be made in the near future so will likely pass on this. Considering his popularity I would think TT would produce him soon even though he has limited repaint/remould opportunities
    Spiderken Away!

Alt mode is fantastic.
    but I suspect everything from the waist up has borrowed heavily from the MP Datsuns.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Yeah you know I'm down for this. I think he looks great! Nice headsculpt, all those little details on the alt mode.
    I'm kinda surprised the 3P companies haven't tried tackling an MP scale Jazz before now.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

I like the look of this as well, hopefully it is as good as it looks.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!