Thread: Plastic Quality on RID 2015 toys

Default Plastic Quality on RID 2015 toys

I was wondering what others thought of the quality of the RID 2015 toy releases.

Asking because so far my son has had 2 legion and 1 one-step break apart on him in really odd places (eg Bumblebee's shoulder). And warrior Grimlock came with strain marks already on the plastic around the leg.

I find the breakage rate on this line odd because my son has all the Transformer Prime figures, CW figures as well as loads of AoE of varying sizes and none of them have ever snapped or broken... certainly not the legion size which he actually pulls apart to mix and match the parts from at times.

So I'm curious - is anyone else having breakages with this line? Is the plastic quality not as good as previous releases? Or is my son simply having a lot of bad luck with his figures?

I only have one RID toy, a Warrior Bumblebee. I noticed the plastic seems a little different than previous lines. I also have a bunch of TAV figures, I find Steeljaw feels fragile and my Grimlock has stress marks on his arm.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I haven't had any issue with them, though I read online that Grimlock's arm ratchet was too tight so caused stress marks on the earlier waves of the toy
    I have the rest of the current Hasbro lineup (Warrior Wave 1/2 and Legion Wave 1) and have no problems.

I only have Strongarm and she does feel light for her size (so much empty space).
    I think it's not the plastic itself but instead, is the thickness (or thinness) of the plastic.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I've had no probs in regards to plastic quality so far.

I'm aware of issues with grimlock's arms and I'm fairly careful with him. My legion figures are fairly sturdy no issues (knock on wood.)

Whenever someone posts something about plastic quality, all I can think of is "cheap orange plastic".

I've had problems with the legions. Had to replace strongarm as the tolerances weren't right, and leg kept popping off. Similar thing with the bumblebee legion
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I have Jazz and Strongarm in uh, warrior size, and they feel really solid in robot mode, but very light in vehicle mode. They hold together pretty well in both modes so I don't feel like they're going to break.
    Legion Strongarm is the same quality as the Prime series legions.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2