View Poll Results: Adventure Ultra Magnus - worth getting?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hells yeah! Looks awesome!

3 60.00%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if...

0 0%
  • Na

1 20.00%
  • Get back to standing in Rodimus' shadow!

1 20.00%

Thread: Toy Review - TAV14 Ultra Magnus

Default Toy Review - TAV14 Ultra Magnus

Series - Adventure
    Size/class - Voyager
    Wave - 1
    New/remould/redeco – Redeco Beast Hunters Ultra Magnus
    Released here - No
    Approximate Retail Price - $45
    Approximate Size - 17cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode - Truck
    Main Features/Gimmicks - shoots missiles
    Main Colours – Blue, Gray, Red
    Main Accessories - Forge of Solus Battle Hammer, winged backpack, x2 missiles

A redo of Ultra Magnus from Beast Hunters, this figure has like several others been redone for the Adventure series which is the Japanese version of the new RID cartoon.

Robot Mode
    Very nice looking and well proportioned. The colours are really strong and striking, much better than the pale blue of the Beast Hunters version. The Solus hammer has been redone to with a golden… errr… whatever you call the part of the hammer you hit with . Head! Good poseablity. A shame a couple of the panels from the truck make him look like he has a backpack and then you have to push them to the side to add the jetpack which makes it even more noticeable. You can adjust the shoulders so you can add the missiles in there a bit like G1 Magnus but I think they look better up and with the missiles attached to the jetpack.

Truck mode
    A good looking truck, and once again the colours are much more striking than the Beast Hunters version. Even with the wings and the hammer stuck on the back he still very much reminds you of TFP Optimus. Very nice though.

Transformation
    Not too hard, though I found getting all the panels to snap into place on the truck mode properly a bit fiddly until I messed around with him. The way he becomes quite compact is pretty good though.

Overall
    Well, I had gotten the TFPRiD and the Platinum editions of Ultra Magnus from Transformers Prime so I skipped this toy back in the day as couldn’t justify buying a 3rd Magnus, plus I already had the mold as Optimus. So I’m kinda glad I had this excuse to finally get him as part of a new toyline. Great colours, good truck mode, great robot mode and decent transformation. Worth getting if you don’t already have the Beast Hunters version (and if you are a Magnus completionist get him anyway )

If I collected Prime I'd get this UM. Looks really nice.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Good to see Hasbro grey is still in fashion.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain