1 3.33%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not even interested

1 3.33%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Was UM ever released in Australia? I don't ever remember seeing him on shelves and wondering if he's been and gone.
    You mean CW UM? Not that I'm aware of, at least from the major chains.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Thumbs up

Just opened this guy up... wow big fan! None of the QC issues (I ordered him in the second shipment from BBTS so maybe they sorted them out?), and he just looks good! The colours and chunky-ness work much better than I thought they did in the pictures, and his guns + launchers are awesome. Minimus is a cool extra, but as he'll be inside UM he won't see much light.

Transformation was nice; actually challenging a bit and love how the kibble all folds away nicely. Good looking truck, if a little odd.

Overall, well worth it!

Big fan of CW Ultra Magnus!

I actually prefer him over MP Magnus. MP is a great toy with great engineering but he looks so blocky in robot mode it takes away from him somewhat. CW UM may have huge boots but the molding on the thighs and torso gives him a more humanoid look. Poseability is also leaps and bounds better. Overall, an extremely fun and playable leader class toy and the definitive classics upgrade to GI Magnus.

I'm impressed with the transformation too. Hasbro has tender to be rather underwhelming with the transformations on their larger figures recently [eg - Combiner wars Megs was a GREAT looking figure but had a rather simple transformation]. Magnus has the complexity I would expect from a flagship toy.
    "I am Supreme" [Magneto]

I'm disappointed in CW Magnus because of the fact he just doesn't feel as good in the hand as MP Magnus. MP Magnus is nice and sturdy, CW Magnus is kind flimsy. Also I remember the international fan sites said MA was a Legends class size, he's more like Micromaster size.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Yeah, but MP Ultra Magnus is 2~3 times the price of CW Ultra Magnus.

Ambus is about the size of the recent Targetmasters guys that came with the Legends figures, maybe a tad smaller, and if he really was Legends size, he'd basically BE the cab, not sit inside it. Not sure why he was refered to as Legends rather than Minicon size, but then Americans have never really mastered the English language

I get what you mean about UM not really being all that solid, but he's on par with Jetfire and Megs, the only other Leader class moulds in the Generations line, and as Gok said, MP is a whole other league.
    (I still prefer the CW Magnus aesthetics though, might just be my preference for the IDW designs)

I'd read that Ambus was small but was still taken aback with how small. Got the Hasbro version today and it's a nice looking Ultra Magnus. Pretty much everything you'd want in a classics Magnus. I liked the transformation, like his size (all though the cab is maybe a tad bit smaller than I'd have liked) and don't mind the hammer as an alternate use of his weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Not sure why he was refered to as Legends rather than Minicon size, but then Americans have never really mastered the English language
    Nor accurate measurements.

Whee, finally finished my thoughts on Legends Ultra Magnus from Tak tome.

Gots ta say that I relly dig this guy and it makes me glad I skipped the Masterpiece version so I could get this one. Sure, he may feel a bit light and all, but it all just manages to feel just 'right.' Nice tough looking poseable robot mode, impresseive, interactive (with other toys) vehicle mode. I find myself just consistently playing and fiddling with this guy.

I even managed to (just) get over Alpha Trion becoming a major player in the Transformers fights and having a vehicle mode. Still, would have liked an attempt to explain Minimus Ambus to the Japanese fans, as we'd still have the whit robot in armour theme running.

Feel free to check out my pics and more in depth ramblings here. Just note, there are a LOT of pics....

Thumbs up

Got around to opening my Tak/Tom version today. Geez - Ultra Magnus fans have been spoiled this year! The Masterpiece was just excellent and this guy is great too! I think the vehicle mode looks really good but the robot mode is just freaking excellent! Well done the designers!

Between this guy and MP Magnus it puts me in a quandry. I like to display my Magnus' figures that turn into car carriers in their alt-modes, with the others in robot mode. But both these figures look so freakin fantastic as robots I may have to think that

A big thumbs up for this figure from Big Impressed Trev

Oh, and the little Alpha Trion figure is cool too. Digging all the detail in his tiny face