Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: No more Generations toys for 2015 in Australia?

cheers, thinking of going that route

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I went to a Target store today and there was literally a wall of shelf-warming Chomp 'N Stomp Grimlocks. I think it might help things here if Hasbro AU were more selective in what they released here; e.g. focus on the Generations stuff and skip the more kiddy-focused stuff - that may sell better in the US with their cheaper RRPs, but under AU RRPs they're just doomed to shelf warm. Retail buyers may not know the difference between these kinds of toys and say Combiner Wars -- they may just see it all as "Transformers," and may be hesitant in ordering more stock while there are still "Transformers" products showing up on their inventory. TakaraTOMY skips some of the more kiddy stuff.

I still can't believe that we skipped almost all of the 30th anniversary Generations stuff.
    Yeah but if the retailers can't tell the difference between the kiddy/crap stuff and Combiner wars - What hope is there of them being more selective?

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    This makes me sad
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I went to a Target store today and there was literally a wall of shelf-warming Chomp 'N Stomp Grimlocks
    Before I was sure I'd know what was being said by gok, but after the quote above, I dunno... I just.... I dunno....

It sounds to me like Hasbro might be trying to spread the waves out. They said next year. Maybe to allow the clearing of stock off old shelves and fill the gap while awaiting the next visual/audio abomination to come along.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    would griffin be able to get any more concrete info from his contacts? about motormaster at least?
    I've asked, but have not yet had a reply.
    Maybe Goktimus would have better luck since he has actual contact with the Hasbro people.

Today I got a reply from Hasbro, and it was only delayed because the person had been away for the last couple weeks.

The reason for the limited amount of restocking we've been seeing in recent months is apparently due to Hasbro moving their warehouse, which is said to have disrupted their supply chain... and it may not be back on track until towards the end of the year (which relates to what the original email referred to - a worst case scenario could see the last three waves not hit stores until next year, BUT, if sales are good, we could see them before the end of the year).

What I can quote from them, to help calm down the masses a little, is...

In summary, we will be getting all the later waves of Combiner Wars.
    Now it's just anyone's guess as to when the remaining Combiner toys will show up in Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

In summary, we will be getting all the later waves of Combiner Wars.
    Now it's just anyone's guess as to when the remaining Combiner toys will show up in Australia.
    This is very good news, even if they are delayed it's still better then not getting them at all.
    Just a question though, will we be getting the full waves or will we still be missing out on a few size classes, just wondering about that particular bit since while we've gotten all the deluxes from wave two we haven't seen the Voyagers, Legends or Leaders.

Today I got a reply from Hasbro, and it was only delayed because the person had been away for the last couple weeks.

The reason for the limited amount of restocking we've been seeing in recent months is apparently due to Hasbro moving their warehouse, which is said to have disrupted their supply chain... and it may not be back on track until towards the end of the year (which relates to what the original email referred to - a worst case scenario could see the last three waves not hit stores until next year, BUT, if sales are good, we could see them before the end of the year).

You know, now that you mention it, at work we are low on all Hasbro product except Nerf. Hope it won't effect Devastator showing up this month.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

thanks for following it up! i ended up getting him from that ebay store mentioned earlier by Deano85.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    thanks for following it up! i ended up getting him from that ebay store mentioned earlier by Deano85.
    Awesome. I'm glad I have Superion and Menasor. Not too worried about Defensor but Rook looks cool. Now for the wait for the optimus maximus limbs and other un-announced combiners. Lucky theres a few masterpieces coming up and want to get maketoys cupola (chromedome). So plenty to look forward to. Happy hunting/waiting for those still trying to get the combiner wars wave 2.

Good news!
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust