Thread: Returned to the lucky country:)

Default Returned to the lucky country:)

Hi guys, new member here, but been a TF fan since 85".

I've just returned to Aus this year after working in the Philippines since 2009. Over there, it's easy to buy old toys, like Transformers and 3rd party TFs in normal stores so I got back into TFs in a big way!

But home is where the heart is so I decided to come back. I knew about this site for a while but thought I'd join once I'm actually back in Aus. It was quite funny, I moved something 147 boxes of TFs back to Sydney

For those thinking Australia sucks, I can say this country is still the greatest, especially if you are bringing up family. You can't buy 3rd party and collectible toys in shops but you can order online and you know you'll get the items because of non-corrupt customs. And we are close to Asia where they stuff is made!

Starting to slow down my buying since returning because need to focus on real world - probably focus on masterpiece only from now on. The last "TF" I bought was completing Warbotron Bruticus which is frigging amazing.

I have a website blog at acesan.wordpress.com but I haven't updated it in a year:P

Anyway hope to see you round the boards and I do love that Australia has a TF scene!

Welcome Acesan
    I have also spent plenty of time overseas and always love coming home to Oz, great to hear it from someone who was away for such a length of time.
    Also nice to know about the second hand market in the Philippines, might have to make a detour there one day
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Welcome Acesan, my wife is filipino and has been trying to convince me to take a holiday over there for years, you may have finally provided the incentive I needed to visit her homeland

Grats on Warbotron Bruticus! I hope to add the big guy to my collection too one day. Look fwd to seeing yr collection too in the near future

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi_kid View Post
    Welcome Acesan, my wife is filipino and has been trying to convince me to take a holiday over there for years, you may have finally provided the incentive I needed to visit her homeland

Grats on Warbotron Bruticus! I hope to add the big guy to my collection too one day. Look fwd to seeing yr collection too in the near future
    You have to checkout liegeprime's haul and it's toycon over there now

Welcome! I still have heaps of TFs back in the Philippines as well...may be you can recommend a good freight/shipping company? Unfortunately I have to move them from Sydney to Canberra

Welcome fellow cybertronian.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Thanks all! Definitely gearing up for new pics. My company used "Toll" logistics to organise everything, I'll check which specific shipping co they used again.

In the meantime here's one of my comics I used to do

A late Welcome from me heheheh been away from the forums.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]