Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen1 Console game - Devastation

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    Bumblebee's vehicle mode doesn't look like a vw beetle... What's it based on? Loving those Constructicons though...
    There have been a couple of Bumblebee's with that alt-mode. The deluxe one from the Classics line about 10 years ago and the recent little Legion one you can still pick up in some supermarkets.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    There have been a couple of Bumblebee's with that alt-mode. The deluxe one from the Classics line about 10 years ago and the recent little Legion one you can still pick up in some supermarkets.
    Makes sense... plus they might need licensing permission to use the real vehicle modes, like Masterpiece toys. Doesn't put me off, just thought there must've been an explanation.

I saw the 10 min PSN presentation on this game. Looks awesome and art direction is great but I have my concerns based on gameplay direction:

This seems like one of those 'Dynasty Warriors' Japanese button mashing games with zero skill requirements or variety. You are just in a field beating up dozens of swarming generic guys by mushing the buttons and running around. Then the level theme changes but otherwise gameplay remains the same for every level and of course, the occasional boss. By the looks of it, it also seems that every character fights the same way, from Optimus Prime to Bumblebee. So changing characters won't add any variety. Every level is going to be exactly the same and by third, it will just be boring.

In short, don't expect some epic story like WFC or FOC - It is likely to be just a button musher with nice graphics and animation.

I know this is a 'demo' build they are showing but they claim the game is due for release this year. That means that what we are looking at is likely close to the final game.

Comment from the TFW2005 coverage of botcon:
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/20/b...o-panel-294009

"More playable characters to be revealed. More coming in the next month. Boxed and digital download, DLC mentioned."

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    Comment from the TFW2005 coverage of botcon:
    http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/06/20/b...o-panel-294009

"More playable characters to be revealed. More coming in the next month. Boxed and digital download, DLC mentioned."
    Outstanding. Pumped. Thx for update man

Great. So they release a bare bones version then hit you up for DLC to milk more money out of you

Well it didn't work for me with WFC/FOC and it sure won't work for this.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Great. So they release a bare bones version then hit you up for DLC to milk more money out of you

Unfortunately that's how the whole gaming business is these days. Long gone are the days of a game actually being a full, completed game

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

look on the bright side. you should be able to get 6, maybe 7 more minutes of play out of it with the DLC's

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    look on the bright side. you should be able to get 6, maybe 7 more minutes of play out of it with the DLC's
    Nah. The DLC will probably just be a $15 skin that allows you to play as movie Bumblebee
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

While I agree this looks like it may turn into a simple button masher, we haven't seen too much of the game yet so there could be lots of other stuff in it.

While I don't think we are going to see anything as good as FOC, that set the bar pretty damn high and we are finally getting a proper G1 cartoon based game so don't get too down on it yet fellas - the best may be yet to come