Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen1 Console game - Devastation

Seems like many people here havent played a Platinum action game, if you just mash buttons you are going to die later on in their games very often.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    While I agree this looks like it may turn into a simple button masher, we haven't seen too much of the game yet so there could be lots of other stuff in it.

While I don't think we are going to see anything as good as FOC, that set the bar pretty damn high and we are finally getting a proper G1 cartoon based game so don't get too down on it yet fellas - the best may be yet to come
    You're doing it wrong Trev. Being optimistic will only lead to disappointment.

Always expect the worst. Then at the very least, the game will meet your expectations and will probably exceed them
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    While I agree this looks like it may turn into a simple button masher, we haven't seen too much of the game yet so there could be lots of other stuff in it.

While I don't think we are going to see anything as good as FOC, that set the bar pretty damn high and we are finally getting a proper G1 cartoon based game so don't get too down on it yet fellas - the best may be yet to come
    Agreed. It's a G1 game....in 2015. I kind of feel more excited, lucky, and hopeful. The developers also appear to be treating the licence with respect.

I'm looking forward to how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

Always expect the worst. Then at the very least, the game will meet your expectations and will probably exceed them
    Na man, that's the attitude I take to thinking about whether my two little kids will let me get a full nights sleep, or if I will get though a day at work without having a student go off his nut or getting chewed out by a boss .

Ya gotta let me channel my unrealistic optimism somewhere dude - I don't have a great deal of other avenues left

Wink

Cell shaded '84 G1 optimus

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post

Yeah George Lucas and Michael Bay have taught me that life lesson. If you go in with low expectations, you can't be too disappointed. Yeah, it's cynical but in the current climate of accepted mediocrity, it is the sane thing to do IMO.

If the movie/game ends up being good, then it comes out as a great surprise and happiness all around. If it turns out crap, you were not too invested in it so it doesn't matter.

Devastation is now listed on the Xbox One store. http://store.xbox.com/en-AU/Xbox-One...3-e96e0bb1e089

Preorders have not opened for it yet.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    Seems like many people here havent played a Platinum action game, if you just mash buttons you are going to die later on in their games very often.
    This. Platinum action games have a very high skill ceiling

https://youtu.be/bKtePkxZe70

I'm looking forward to this. I really enjoyed Bayonetta and as long as I'm not getting crouch shots of my TFs like in Bayonetta 2, I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    I'm looking forward to this. I really enjoyed Bayonetta and as long as I'm not getting crouch shots of my TFs like in Bayonetta 2, I'll be happy.
    Then why are you into Transformers if not for the crotch shots?