Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Gen1 Console game - Devastation

Console gaming is following suit with this console generation (I own only 3 disk for my Xbox One and PS4 but over 40 games digitally). It's why EB Games' parent company Gamestop acquired Think Geek two weeks ago and has an Apple Authorised Retailer called Simply Mac that they are expanding internationally.

The physical games business is going away and will only be around for games like Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions, Rock Band and Guitar Hero that have to get physical goods to the consumer. All other games can be downloaded quickly and there is no need to visit a brick and mortor store to do it.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Console gaming is following suit with this console generation (I own only 3 disk for my Xbox One and PS4 but over 40 games digitally). It's why EB Games' parent company Gamestop acquired Think Geek two weeks ago and has an Apple Authorised Retailer called Simply Mac that they are expanding internationally.

The physical games business is going away and will only be around for games like Skylanders, Disney Infinity, Lego Dimensions, Rock Band and Guitar Hero that have to get physical goods to the consumer. All other games can be downloaded quickly and there is no need to visit a brick and mortor store to do it.
    Yeah but there is 2 reasons why it will be a while to the Physical market is gone

1. Internet

Obviously not everyone has access to the internet, or at least doesn't have good internet. The one at my place likes to disconnect at times so if I'm downloading a game and the internet disconnects, don't expect me to be a happy bot

2. Licensing

The biggest problem with everything going to the Digital market is actually, Licensing. Why? Look at Netflix and Steam. When Deadpool came out it was only available on steam for a few months till Activision's license ended with making Marvel games so they had to pull all the games off store, which meant the only way you could get this game is through the Physical Market (if someone had it pre-owned though)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    As I had hoped, they have some of the surviving Gen1 voice actors on the game... that will sound make it sound awesome, even if the game itself doesn't live up to the hype.
    It's gold isn't it

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    Yeah but there is 2 reasons why it will be a while to the Physical market is gone

1. Internet

Obviously not everyone has access to the internet, or at least doesn't have good internet. The one at my place likes to disconnect at times so if I'm downloading a game and the internet disconnects, don't expect me to be a happy bot

2. Licensing

The biggest problem with everything going to the Digital market is actually, Licensing. Why? Look at Netflix and Steam. When Deadpool came out it was only available on steam for a few months till Activision's license ended with making Marvel games so they had to pull all the games off store, which meant the only way you could get this game is through the Physical Market (if someone had it pre-owned though)
    1. Just because you have bad internet doesn't mean everyone does. And if the bloody politicians can stop bickering about it and just finish the dam thing the NBN will give us great internet just like people in Europe and parts of Asia and Africa have. Also if your downloading a game and the internet disconnects the download doesn't start from scratch when you reconnect, it just starts again from where it was interrupted.

2. I can still buy digitally many games that are now out of print, like the Lego Star Wars games. And if Disney decides to not renew those licences then no big deal because I own them and can play them, delete them and redownload them as much as I like. Like it or not, physical retail is going away. At the store I work at every time we get a new planagram for the entertainment section Games, DVD's, Blu-rays and CD's get less space. People are not buying them, they are buying digital.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

From TFW2005

Best Buy Canada have put up preorders for the new Transformers video game, Transformers Devastation, which we first learned about earlier today. From these listings, we can confirm that:
    The game will be released on Xbox One, Xbox 360, Playstation 4 and Playstation 3
    Five Autobots are confirmed to be playable - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Wheeljack, Sideswipe, and Grimlock
    The original voice cast will be reprising their roles, including Peter Cullen, Frank Welker and Dan Gilvezan
    The game will feature five difficulty levels to provide an appropriate challenge to all fans
    The plot involves Megatron harnessing Plasma Energy in an attempt to cyberform the Earth
    The game is being developed by notable studio Platinum Games. It is reported that they will be bringing their signature fast action to the game, for instant robot to vehicle attacks, slam downs, counterattacks, and infinite combos

It is also reported that Transformers Devastation is coming on October 6th, 2015 - so not too long to go before we get to experience this game!

There's also a few more new images attached to the listings - one of which shows a purple Ramjet, so it looks like the Decepticon Air Warriors are also in as enemies to fight.
    The Best Buy link seems to have been removed
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    From TFW2005

The Best Buy link seems to have been removed
    Yeah seen that.....

Check my edited post at the top of the thread for some details on the game.

Transformers: Devastation Teaser Trailer Live Broadcast From E3

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...rom-e3-183021/

Source tfw2005

For those who are lazy, it confirms that it's coming out on Xbone, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3 and PC. Sorry Nintendo fans, no Transformers for you
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

PC version - woohoo!