Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay scamming

Default Ebay scamming

So many scams on ebay these days. Drives me mad seeing them trying to rip off people. Been thru it once where I've won the bid then asked to pay into separate paypal account. I refused and they try to hassle me and neg me for not paying. The link below has the seller selling the same items and exact description from the previous scammer that I dealt with. Careful people.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/my2015_ma...p2047675.l2562

Only 1x feedback!

100% feedback is no guarantee you won't be scammed. There is this New Castle gaming shop for example that is notorious for showing you a stock image of an item and then sending you something of much less quality. When you confront them about it, they get all indignant about it. Incredibly enough, they have very positive overall feedback on ebay but ask anyone about them, and they will always speak negatively.

There is also all the G1 KO replicas being sold as 'reissues' with the seller often having excellent feedback only because most buyers have no idea it is a KO.
    Last edited by kup; 19th June 2015 at 11:19 AM.

This is why I don't buy anything over a 100aud over ebay even with paypal I dont have time for disputes especially from international sellers. I only trusted one ebay seller from Taiwan after making multiple MP cars purchases first. Good thing I was able to join OTCA and would rather wait and buy TFs here.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    This is why I don't buy anything over a 100aud over ebay even with paypal I dont have time for disputes especially from international sellers. I only trusted one ebay seller from Taiwan after making multiple MP cars purchases first. Good thing I was able to join OTCA and would rather wait and buy TFs here.
    Oddly enough, I have found sellers from Asia to be far more reliable and honest than local ones...

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    I don't buy anything over $0 on eBay.

Megatran Guest

We know. You've told us many a times before.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    We know. You've told us many a times before.
    Yes he has and I find it nothing to be proud about. It's like someone proud of still using a mule instead of a tractor.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yes he has and I find it nothing to be proud about. It's like someone proud of still using a mule instead of a tractor.
    I nearly choked on my sandwich! lmao

I bought a MP red alert afew months back from an HK seller. Item never arrived, account deactivated, emails never replied, etc. Had like 99% good feedback and been selling for like 7 years... I got abit iffy after 3wks and nothing arrived. No emails replied... Lodges paypal dispute and got a refund, then i bought a KO one from Shanghai from a newbie, & it arrived in less than a week... I ordered a Insecticons 25th anniversary set from a U.S. seller, item never arrived and emails barely replied... HE said tracking says it was delivered... If it was, I didn't sign for it, nor did anyone who resides with me..... If its too good to be true, no matter the positive feedback, avoid at all costs... I got scammed more than once with reasonably priced items