Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ironhide

I got my Ironhide this afternoon. Here are a few iPhone photos and my initial thoughts.

Man - I know I am probably biased since Ironhide is my 2nd all time favourite character but he is SO MUCH FUN!
    He looks amazing in vehicle mode. The paint job is perfect. The wheels are plastic-y but I can live with that. I personally love the blue tint windows.

Transformation is actually very clever however on my figure the feet were stuck together so tight I ended up reluctantly having to use a screwdriver to carefully pry them open.

Despite my nervousness because of the feet being 'stuck' I really LOVE how they've put the transformation together for Ironhide because it makes full use of cavities and part manipulation to create the robot mode.
    It's one of those figures where I feel truly satisfied by the transformation; aside from the hip panels everything has a neat place to move to go from van to bot. In my opinion there isn't much in the way of kibble and no backpack shell or anything like that.

The sled it cool and there are so many little bits to configure I still haven't decided what I'm going to do for his display pose (I'm tempted to use the jetpack and have him launching off the ground). I'm still working my way through all the bits he comes with...

The coin is also very nice.

The only thing they could do to make him even more impressive for me would be to give him Peter Cullen's Ironhide voice.

nice!! cant wait to get mine
    My sales thread: LINK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I got my Ironhide this afternoon. Here are a few iPhone photos and my initial thoughts.

Man - I know I am probably biased since Ironhide is my 2nd all time favourite character but he is SO MUCH FUN!
    He looks amazing in vehicle mode. The paint job is perfect. The wheels are plastic-y but I can live with that. I personally love the blue tint windows.

Transformation is actually very clever however on my figure the feet were stuck together so tight I ended up reluctantly having to use a screwdriver to carefully pry them open.

Despite my nervousness because of the feet being 'stuck' I really LOVE how they've put the transformation together for Ironhide because it makes full use of cavities and part manipulation to create the robot mode.
    It's one of those figures where I feel truly satisfied by the transformation; aside from the hip panels everything has a neat place to move to go from van to bot. In my opinion there isn't much in the way of kibble and no backpack shell or anything like that.

The sled it cool and there are so many little bits to configure I still haven't decided what I'm going to do for his display pose (I'm tempted to use the jetpack and have him launching off the ground). I'm still working my way through all the bits he comes with...

The coin is also very nice.

The only thing they could do to make him even more impressive for me would be to give him Peter Cullen's Ironhide voice.
    Thanks for the write up! Makes me even more keen for mine now
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Pictures look way more promising than the first few on hand pics.

Thanks for the write up.

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    The red plastic looks better than Road Rage...thankfully

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    The red plastic looks better than Road Rage...thankfully
    +1

Exactly, my thoughts.

Exclamation

+1

Quote Originally Posted by leej84 View Post
    nice!! cant wait to get mine
    I like to think "its pointless thinking about how much it costs if you really want it"....

I can't wait to have him in my hot little hands either...hopefully he arrives soon to our fellow forumers for distribution

Modification piece to transform the hip flaps. Pics by by hemillx.

Last edited by Tober; 31st January 2016 at 02:45 PM.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Modification piece to transform the hip flaps. Pics by by hemillx.

From what I was just read on Facebook that is some sort of mod that most likely inhibits transformation.
    Last edited by Tober; 31st January 2016 at 02:46 PM.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain