Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456781323 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ironhide

Ironhide looks pretty awesome! Ratchet/Ironhide are always going to be incredibly difficult toys to render since the G1 cartoon models are just so reality-defying. I think having the detachable battle platform's a fair idea, as it avoids the toy being otherwise even more kibble-loaded (re: Universe/Henkei Ironhide/Ratchet). It's interesting to see that they've opted to go with the "thin" helmet rather than the "thick" one (as discussed here).

I can't wait for this toy and the inevitable Ratchet repaint! This brings us one step closer to completing the first year Autobots!

Maybe I missed it...but is this a licensed Nissan Vanette version? Something tells me 'no'?

I'm not entirely sold on his look yet, but I hope it grows on me. I'll definitely be buying, but then, what to do with my igear versions?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    I'm not entirely sold on his look yet, but I hope it grows on me. I'll definitely be buying, but then, what to do with my igear versions?
    Sell it to me cheap, its worthless now
    Spiderken Away!

I'm glad they did a detachable trailer/platform thing.

Looks good!
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Ironhide looks pretty awesome! Ratchet/Ironhide are always going to be incredibly difficult toys to render since the G1 cartoon models are just so reality-defying. I think having the detachable battle platform's a fair idea, as it avoids the toy being otherwise even more kibble-loaded (re: Universe/Henkei Ironhide/Ratchet).
    This is a very good point. Having the sled allows for a clean, very screen-accurate robot with minimal van parts; it also satisfies people who want original toy-accuracy

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Maybe I missed it...but is this a licensed Nissan Vanette version? Something tells me 'no'?
    It doesn't say, but since TakaraTomy have gone to the trouble of securing vehicle licences for the other Autobot cars, I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

Isn't the battle platform a separate piece instead of part of the van transformed? It's listed as an accessory.

Nice big pic from the show. From TFW2005 -

Which brings us to where we are today...

This is a yes for me and the scale is nice too.

From the above picture, I think it's the proportion of the window to the crotch that bothers me. Perhaps even the headsculpt is less than stellar, though it could be the angle, since it looks pretty good on that collage shown before.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust