Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ironhide

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i don't see any badges on either the vehicle or robot modes
    but they may add those later, it may not be licensed or i may have missed the obvious.
    It will be interesting. I don't see a licence for a vanette being particularly hard to obtain. It would be nice but it may just be a sports car thing as the van also looks fairly generic.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    i don't see any badges on either the vehicle or robot modes
    but they may add those later, it may not be licensed or i may have missed the obvious.
    I guess they could just mention alt mode is a van and not mention Nissan vanette in the presentation if they don't mean it to license ironhide. Alt mode is not as good looking sample as the rear tyres look crap so yeah may be later we see the badge.

Not all the pics on google for nissan vanette show a badge on the front either, maybe it's not supposed to be there for this model anyway. Some that do show it have it in a spot that'd interfere with the autobot logo too, so that might be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Not all the pics on google for nissan vanette show a badge on the front either,
    Yup

Also, actual product may vary.

I wasn't able to hear it clearly on my first view of the video but then I watched it again and they said Cherry Vanette so this will definitely be a licensed van after all

I think that picture also highlighted (for me) what else I found odd about the figure. I would much prefer a clear windshield/windows, and that may in turn make the window kibble underneath the forearms less noticeable.

Either way, happy to see Ironhide getting released!

maybe the windows are coloured to not be so see-through in bot mode?

Don't care one bit for Ironhide but am really excited for the Ratchet retool!

If you look closely at some of the pics, you can see an image appearing on Ironhide's chest as he's using his Sonodar. Perhaps the windshield isn't transparent in order to cater for this gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If you look closely at some of the pics, you can see an image appearing on Ironhide's chest as he's using his Sonodar. Perhaps the windshield isn't transparent in order to cater for this gimmick.
    Well spotted, but I'm guessing that the windscreen actually is transparent and you can slip in a picture on a card behind it that will show up when you look right at the windscreen.

Look at the pictures that show all his accessories. To the left of the red display/storage panel is the radar dish, and below that is an object that has a pattern like the one that appears on Ironhide's chest. I think that object is a card that slides or is placed behind the windscreen in robot mode.