Page 1 of 27 1234561121 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ironhide

Default Masterpiece Ironhide

Via https://twitter.com/Hawk753afd and https://twitter.com/jitome_dan .. and some others posted on TFW

click for larger:

Awesome. Though I'm not sure about those red hip plates, they look a bit out of place

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by canofwhoopass_87 View Post
    Awesome. Though I'm not sure about those red hip plates, they look a bit out of place
    Agreed.

I think kobayashi did a decedent job overall. Not easy to absorb the mass of the trailer thing into the robit

Where's Kobayashi btw isn't it usually the designer of the figure doing the presentation?

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

awesome will add this to my collection. not to happy with the removable panel . unless it has a way to stay on. in bot mode
    Last edited by CoRDS; 20th June 2015 at 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Good to see it.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Looks good, and I'm really glad they are finally doing an Ironhide (and presumably Ratchet.)
    But something just seems a little "off" in bot mode. Although I can't put my finger on what it is.
    I'm looking forward to adding him to my MP collection

cool!

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The accessories and and articulation feels more like what a masterpiece should be.

Looking good i think.

More Autobots! Yeah! He looks really good. Surprised that they got the height while he can still fit in Prime's trailer as a van. And so many accessories!

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Looks good, and I'm really glad they are finally doing an Ironhide (and presumably Ratchet.)
    But something just seems a little "off" in bot mode. Although I can't put my finger on what it is.
    I'm looking forward to adding him to my MP collection
    Looks like the shape of the (screen accurate) crotch piece and hip articulation gives him a weird silhouette, particularly in some of the combat poses.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

The hip kibble only stands out cause the rest of it is so good. I can live with that, the middle side window colour (in some photos) bothers me more.

I'm impressed overall though, his body shape seems spot on and the back doesn't have half the van hanging off it either.

These van bots can't really draw much inspiration from the G1 toys (for robot mode), so it ends up looking a little more cartoony/detail-less than some of the other MPs, which have more of a mix of toy/cartoon.

It's hard to tell it's size though - that pic with MP-10 in the background could be making it look deceptively tall. I hope it's not too pricey since an eventual Ratchet will be a must have too!