Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Scalping 7 Devastators on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I don't think buying 7 of them really made that big a difference.
    Big W was supposed to get 1000 of these.
    He bought 0.7% of the supply...is that really worth getting upset over?
    The only people affected are those that would have bought from the shop he cleaned out.
    I guess so, but then there are guys you hear from here that went from one BigW to another and couldn't find any, making numerous calls, reserving and not being called. I guess I feel for them too. Instead of lucky me (I have one) and sucks to be you buying from this scalper. This is the reason why others here have offered to buy extra for fellow collectors.

If you think about stocks and having gain, this is so much easier right. Just have a few friends buy out some stores and put it on ebay.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I don't think buying 7 of them really made that big a difference.
    Big W was supposed to get 1000 of these.
    He bought 0.7% of the supply...is that really worth getting upset over?
    The only people affected are those that would have bought from the shop he cleaned out.
    It does, you would not like it if it was exclusively to bigw.

Just like soundwave mp. 7 is a big amount.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I guess so, but then there are guys you hear from here that went from one BigW to another and couldn't find any, making numerous calls, reserving and not being called. I guess I feel for them too. Instead of lucky me (I have one) and sucks to be you buying from this scalper. This is the reason why others here have offered to buy extra for fellow collectors.

If you think about stocks and having gain, this is so much easier right. Just have a few friends buy out some stores and put it on ebay.
    I got zero though I am not panicking is just disappointed to see someone grabbed 7 to sell. Mind you he would have one for himself.
    So 8!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post

A lot of the times I have called, the person answering knows crap all so it is hard to rely on the accuracy of what he/she says. You need to rely on places like this site from people who have visited the store to know.

That's at least 3 OTCA members that I know of and even if I wasn't one of the 3 it's still 3 too many of my online pals for my liking.

XMan is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'll be waiting for the next release, which is cool cos I cant afford him right now anyway

Though he has hit the States now, so I feel bad for the people that bought from.

http://www.toyark.com/look-what-i-ju...-1737-page894/

It's just occurred to me that it would be actually CHEAPER - even with postage - to pre-order a TakaraTOMY Unite Warriors Devastator than pay scalper's prices for a Hasbro CW Devastator! IMO, if you're willing to pay above RRP for Devastator, you might as well get the Japanese version.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's just occurred to me that it would be actually CHEAPER - even with postage - to pre-order a TakaraTOMY Unite Warriors Devastator than pay scalper's prices for a Hasbro CW Devastator! IMO, if you're willing to pay above RRP for Devastator, you might as well get the Japanese version.
    For some reason, I have always seen Scalpers able to sell their stuff at 300%+ mark ups despite a much cheaper alternative existing. The alternative is also often easy to find by a simple google search or even within Ebay itself!

I don't understand it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Especially if you going to wait till December