Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundwarp watches Beast Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It was a great cliffhanger, but don't keep him waiting that long. Did we wait a year? I remember buying the Video pack Airazor so I could see the conclusion before series two made it to TV.
    i did the exact same thing because i couldnt wait to see how it all went, i didnt even want airazor but she was better than the crab thing

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just see if you can borrow someone's set Saintly. It's a must see for transfans, to get a better perspective of Hasbro's history of TFs.
    Now, should I make Soundwarp wait a year on the cliffhanger like those of us did back in 1997?
    Ha, i watched it on Youtube

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Absolutley i did.

I finished season 1 yesterday, i have written some things down and the verdict will come soon.

And.....? Do I get to watch the shows next?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

We didn't have YouTube in 1997! I still have the Siren Entertainment poster (and giant foam store display) advertising the release of Beast Wars on VHS!

So what are your thoughts on it so far?

What do you think of Megatron? I, for one, think he's great. Not only since he actually has plans that last for more than one episode, but also because he's hilarious. YEEEEESSSS...

Okay, it's not Earth, but we may change it to Earth later on!

Beast Wars Megatron is brilliant, and his evolution as a character throughout the series is impressive and at times unexpected.

OK the moment many people the world over have been waiting for:

OK I give Beast Wars (Season 1)

6.5/10

The reason it rated so high was that it is still Transformers, now that will come as an insult to many of you but the people that know me will not be insulted at all. They will realise that I used to refuse to admit that BW was even made; I hated it so much that I blocked it out of my mind, that said the 6.5 should look a lot rosier to you all.

I do believe that I wasn't drawn to it as much as other series as there was the lack of human interaction; I feel that this left me not feeling close to the show or believing it as much. I know it's damm hard to believe 20ft robots that transform in the first place but I felt more withdrawn from the series for that reason.

IMO they could have done the show and had a more appealing intro, I saw my first episode and only through perseverance I made it through the intro.

Another downfall IMO it lacked characters, by that I mean in number.

Keep in mind that I am going to sit down and watch season 2 so please leave out spoilers for me.

No flaming

This is my opinion and it has come a long long way. Bear in mind that I wouldn't even rate BW a 0/10 as I used to hate it so much that I would not rate something that I pretended did not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    OK the moment many people the world over have been waiting for:

OK I give Beast Wars (Season 1)

6.5/10

The reason it rated so high was that it is still Transformers, now that will come as an insult to many of you but the people that know me will not be insulted at all. They will realise that I used to refuse to admit that BW was even made; I hated it so much that I blocked it out of my mind, that said the 6.5 should look a lot rosier to you all.

I do believe that I wasn't drawn to it as much as other series as there was the lack of human interaction; I feel that this left me not feeling close to the show or believing it as much. I know it's damm hard to believe 20ft robots that transform in the first place but I felt more withdrawn from the series for that reason.

IMO they could have done the show and had a more appealing intro, I saw my first episode and only through perseverance I made it through the intro.

Another downfall IMO it lacked characters, by that I mean in number.

Keep in mind that I am going to sit down and watch season 2 so please leave out spoilers for me.

No flaming

This is my opinion and it has come a long long way. Bear in mind that I wouldn't even rate BW a 0/10 as I used to hate it so much that I would not rate something that I pretended did not happen.
    hmm...That didn't really say much but anyway. I guess you were in a 'TrukkNotMunky' phase as you refused to acknowledge it even before watching it so you going through the first season is a good effort.

Pretty fair comment and ranking Soundwarp. When STL started watching BW series one I suggested giving him a list of key plot episodes, because in my opinion there's quite a few episodes you could skip in the first series and not be any worse off.

You've listed some of the negatives, but I'd be interested to know what you think are some of the positives/highlights?

But also given the posts STL's thread, I think somepeople might drop spoilery hints about season two and three in follow up posts. Maybe come back to this thread once you've seen the next season?