Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP-21 Bumblebee eye paint help

Default MP-21 Bumblebee eye paint help

Hi, I got my mp-21 the other day and I quite like it, just one problem with the 2nd face attachment; the left eye hasn't been painted correctly. I'm pretty disappointed as I wanted him to have his smiley face. It's noticeable immediately as you look at him.

Is this something that I could possibly get a replacement part for? Would it be easy to paint or fix up myself? What do you guys think?

Terrible quality issue, but...

there's nothing mechanically wrong with that part and the eyes won't see much physical contact so I personally would just paint over it. I recommend getting a blue and a white pot so you can mix your own perfect shade of blue.

any tips for colours? i imagine if i painted it I would have to do both eyes, unless there is an exact match?

I got the same one but luckily bought from TRU and had it replaced

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    any tips for colours? i imagine if i painted it I would have to do both eyes, unless there is an exact match?
    Get a plain white paint and a plain blue paint and mix. With patience you will be able to nail those exact colours. If you don't, just wipe the paint off immediately with a damp cloth and try again. Use acrylic based paint.

For such a tiny area I say start with a several drops of white paint mixed with one drop of dark blue. Alternatively, if you see a shade of light blue you like at the shop just buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    I got the same one but luckily bought from TRU and had it replaced
    oh really? that sucks. no, actually that's pretty shit and shouldn't get through. not that i've ever worked at a factory or assembly line or anything but if there is any human presence at all surely that should be picked up?? i mean it's not in an obscure spot or anything, as soon as you look at the part you can see straight away something isn't right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Get a plain white paint and a plain blue paint and mix. With patience you will be able to nail those exact colours. If you don't, just wipe the paint off immediately with a damp cloth and try again. Use acrylic based paint.

For such a tiny area I say start with a several drops of white paint mixed with one drop of dark blue. Alternatively, if you see a shade of light blue you like at the shop just buy that.
    ok no worries. i do have a stash of games workshop paints around somewhere but i'm not sure if those are acrylic or not.

ok no worries. i do have a stash of games workshop paints around somewhere but i'm not sure if those are acrylic or not.
    pretty sure those games workshop paints are acrylics, but doesn't hurt to check the label! Basically acrylics can be thinned with water, enamels will need spirits. That said if you actually want to thin acrylic paint (eg for an airbrush) use isopropyl alcohol not water.

Warhammer paints will do the job and just do both eyes and everything will be sweet

oh really? that sucks. no, actually that's pretty shit and shouldn't get through. not that i've ever worked at a factory or assembly line or anything but if there is any human presence at all surely that should be picked up?? i mean it's not in an obscure spot or anything, as soon as you look at the part you can see straight away something isn't right.
    Yeah it is pretty visible even in plastic bubble. I'm afraid Takara's QC is getting worst. As i have said in some other treads my Prowl has paint bubble on hood and Wheel jack has smudged lancia logo at rear spoiler wing (some one dropped a glue and still packed it in the bubble plastic), and unbelievably my Lambor's Bio card folded in half and still chucked in the manual's plastic bag