Thread: FansProject Saurus Ryu-Oh Pretender Shells

Default FansProject Saurus Ryu-Oh Pretender Shells

These will be sold separately and can store the Dinoforce toys.

With the first two figures having pre-orders out, any indications on the price on the shells?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

I guess they could have made the shells a little less G1 as in stylized silly looking. They could have gone for a bit of modernisation kind of like this custom which makes Longtooth look modern and cooler rather than..well..80s..

They could use some modern styling but I doubt they could do much to avoid them being kind of blob like as they have to fit the figure in them too, which limits what they can do without creating a giant pretender shell the size of their combined mode.

They could just create a separate action figure like Play with this Too, but that may as well be a separate toy.

I like that they sell the shells as optional and hope they do the same for Monstructor. Perhaps if Play with this Too take of they will make their own take on the shells.

These shells are massive and will take up a lot of display space.
    There appears to be no articulation as well.
    Pass for this lot.

Ever since getting the Botcon Pretender Oilmaster, I've been digging my old pretenders out of storage. The concept is SO cool. I'd love some new pretender shells, but its got to be articulated to count.

I totally would have bought up all the Play with us too product if it had been true pretender (fitting INSIDE the shell).
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!