Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts about SDCC Combiner Wars Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Someone has to be *that* guy...
    The colours look atrocious and the weapons are so ridiculously ill thought out it's painful.
    Yep I agree. Windblade's colour is just lazy, or perhaps even a beta design that was discarded. Chromia's deco reminds me of white-Ultra Magnuses (Magni).

If they were purely out to increase revenue, and not want to duplicate Takara's exclusives (which are awesome on so many levels), they could have done the obvious Flamewar & Paradron Medic repaints?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I had a friend once ask my why their guns were so small (transformers in general) I didn't really have an answer as his point was that they were immensely strong giant robots they should carry immense hard hitting weaponry.
    Gotta let your mate know it's not the size of their guns but how they use it

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

These girls, along with SDCC Devastator are the Hasbro "specials" at Hong Kong ani-con this year so it will be interesting to see how much they retail for at the event.

I'll definitely be picking up a set for my daughter tomorrow (assuming I get over the bug I caught in Vietnam).

I must admit I have the TT Arcee, Chromia and Windblade. Plus I have a preorder for the 3 TT remoulds and this SDCC set of repaints.

My collecting method is get one of each character in the CHUG universe in each mould. So normally I don't get straight repaints that are not new characters like these guys are. I normally just settle on the "best" version, but I like these 3 and I really want to see more fembots in the future so I'm voting with my wallet.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

If I can scrape together enough cash. I'll get these. I like the new paint but not the weapons. Probably get the Iron Lady weapon set too (though mostly for the Chromia axe and shield).
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.