Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KO MP21 Bumblebee by TAKASA TONY

Default KO MP21 Bumblebee by TAKASA TONY

eBay listings have surfaced for a KO MP21 Bumblebee

http://m.ebay.com/itm/271936653394?_mwBanner=1

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Wow, I am actually just dismay that Takara has not bothered to take action against the KOs for quite a while now.

Makes my coming bluestreak feels worthless in some ways but I bought it because is original.

So why no KO starscream?

ROTFLOL @ TAKASA TONY GOLD!!! Sounds like a character from the movie Goodfellas
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

But what does TAKASA TONY mean?

Toddler's and Kids are stupid a*****es. They only need yogurt
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

drifand: one of the difficulties of taking legal action against counterfeiters is that they are often located in countries that don't really care about enforcing intellectual property rights or child safety laws, like China. Pursuing criminals across international borders relies on different countries' enforcement agencies cooperating with each other. Japanese companies like TakaraTOMY can file a complaint, but if Chinese authorities aren't willing to lift a finger, then there's little that TakTOM can do. The best thing that can be done to combat counterfeiters is for people to not buy counterfeits.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsprime View Post
    But what does TAKASA TONY mean?
    "Takasa" means 'height' in Japanese, and "Tony" is an abbreviation for "Anthony," so... the company must've been founded by some dude called Anthony who's high. Up.

For anyone who may not know, "Takara" means 'treasure,' and "Tomy" is an abbreviation for "Tomiyama" (surname).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    "Takasa" means 'height' in Japanese, and "Tony" is an abbreviation for "Anthony," so... the company must've been founded by some dude called Anthony who's high. Up.
    Or they are finding a way to say that Tony was very high

Still doesn't make any sense as what I said.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

So basically, if you want to own a Masterpiece toy now, you must make sure you get it within 6 months of its release, or else risk getting a KO, as some people won't be charging the cheap price that gives it away. (some will think they just got a great deal on the real thing and then resell it as the real thing for profit)

I noticed this at ebay last Saturday and thought it is very cheap even free postage. But then i checked it why it is Takasa Tony brand whadda

Edit: with Battle Mask as well just like Wheel Jack with suitcase

Had a look at the listing and others like it and they all seem to be using stock images. If the box is like the Wheeljack and Exhaust ko boxes, they should have Takasa Tony on the top right and a C where the autobot logo is on the bottom left. There was a pic of this in the KO Wheeljack thread. Some auctions say Takasa Tony which is the giveaway for people like us but none of them mention that it's a ko with some then even saying it's a Takara prod. Not a fan of ko prods and even less so when they word the auction so that less informed people think they are getting an official prod.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    drifand: one of the difficulties of taking legal action against counterfeiters is that they are often located in countries that don't really care about enforcing intellectual property rights or child safety laws, like China. Pursuing criminals across international borders relies on different countries' enforcement agencies cooperating with each other. Japanese companies like TakaraTOMY can file a complaint, but if Chinese authorities aren't willing to lift a finger, then there's little that TakTOM can do. The best thing that can be done to combat counterfeiters is for people to not buy counterfeits.

For anyone who may not know, "Takara" means 'treasure,' and "Tomy" is an abbreviation for "Tomiyama" (surname).
    But Bandai have heaps of Gundam that are not KO though I know some but besides that, their Soul of chogokin series (which is similar to a masterpiece) are not seen KOed.

And they are made in China as well. I just found it strange that on one end KO is done so easily and on another is not. Might be the material cost required to do a KO as Masterpiece are mostly plastic.

The other thing is, is not just Takara, is the brand VW in this case as well is being used.

Oh yes I don't get these KO when originals are just so affordable pre-released.

And thats another thing, most of these masterpieces have no limits on pre-orders unlike some of the Bandai toys like SOCs and Metal build gundams and Macross which were sold out in seconds.

I felt the way Takara should have tackled the issue was to get a second issue "build to order" and just let these online stores keep selling mps at a reasonable price. But thats me.