Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: MP11T Thundercracker. Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Huh? What is that?
    https://www.fromjapan.co.jp

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by nsm034 View Post
    I don't know how that works honestly.
    Unsure that would be the way I would order one and assured one.

MP Cracker is the only one of the Seekers I'm missing but this seems just too expensive and just too much hassle to try and get - hoping one day they reissue the Hasbro version

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    MP Cracker is the only one of the Seekers I'm missing but this seems just too expensive and just too much hassle to try and get - hoping one day they reissue the Hasbro version
    I don't even know the price.
    As for hasbro it may come after they release skywarp next year.
    Pretty sure hasbro has lined up Optimus for tru to release soon.

As posted in the previous posts Takara Tomy Mall price is approx. 165aud and indicated this will be released by Hasbro Asia as well.

I think the Takara Skywarp was more expensive ranging from 200aud to 300aud and seems more limited since it was only released in Asia.

As far as I am concerned starscream was around $189 on eBay so $169 is actually decent.

We can eventually wait for hasbro, I doubt is not going to happen
    Last edited by drifand; 2nd August 2015 at 01:03 PM.

As far as I am concerned starscream was around $189 on eBay so $169 is actually decent.
    Yeah but this is the current (RRP) price for that toy, not the aftermarket price! MP Starscream's RRPs were:
    * MP3 = 10290JPY ($115)
    * Hasbro's MP3 = $100
    * MP11 = 13000JPY ($145) <---and that's w/ the extra bling (although no display stand? <--unsure )
    I personally think that 14904JPY/$165 is rather expensive for an MP Seeker as a current retail price.

Although this wouldn't be the first time that TakaraTOMY's jacked up the price for a limited repaint; Gentei Skywarp and Thundercracker were freakin' $50 each.

We can eventually wait for hasbro, I doubt is not going to happen
    In Hasbro's defence, it did happen. And it was released in Australia too. You can't seriously expect Hasbro or TakaraTOMY to just keep reissuing these toys year after year just to cater for the section of fans who missed out on the previous release. MP Thundercracker's been done twice already -- this one represents the third version of MP Thundercracker. There's been ample opportunity for people to get one if they really wanted one.

I have no interest in any more redecos of existing MPs, I want new characters. As far as the Seekers are concerned, I want Coneheads. I wouldn't mind an MP Ion Storm either. Can't say I'd be massively interested in an MP Nova Storm, as I'm happy enough to repurpose my MP Sunstorm as that character as well.

When I am referring to hasbro I mean tru box edition, a lot of MPs did happen and is happening again. Just like mp-10 is going to be released by tru box style.

And if you are not seeing the trend like I do that every seeker has been released each year perhaps you see it now.

Nothing new until they milk milk milk till nothing left before going on.

What's next ? No stand no cape high prices? Yeah we all know that.
    Then looking at tru starscream price and accessories? Wtf? Yeah we all know makes 0 sense.

The only thing exclusive is the high price guarantee you pay.

When I am referring to hasbro I mean tru box edition, a lot of MPs did happen and is happening again. Just like mp-10 is going to be released by tru box style.
    Huh? Hasbro did release MP Thundercracker here via TRU. And it was in a box. I don't think there is really a specific "TRU" box style per se, rather, Hasbro just designs the boxes and some of them happen to be TRU exclusives. Hasbro's MP Skywarp was released in a similar style box as Hasbro's MP Thundercracker and MP Starscream.

And if you are not seeing the trend like I do that every seeker has been released each year perhaps you see it now.
    *squints*
    2004 = No Seekers
    2005 = No Seekers
    2006 = MP3 Starscream
    2007 = MP6 Skywarp, Hasbro's Starscream
    2008 = MP7 Thundercracker, MP Starscream USA Edition
    2009 = Hasbro's Skywarp
    2010 = No Seekers
    2011 = No Seekers
    2012 = MP11 Starscream, MP11S Sunstorm, Hasbro's Thundercracker
    2013 = Acid Storm
    2014 = Hasbro's Sunstorm
    2015 = MP11SW Skywarp, Hasbro's MP Starscream, MP11T Thundercracker

Not each year.

Nothing new until they milk milk milk till nothing left before going on.

What's next ? No stand no cape high prices? Yeah we all know that.
    Then looking at tru starscream price and accessories? Wtf? Yeah we all know makes 0 sense.

The only thing exclusive is the high price guarantee you pay.
    TRU Starscream sold here for about $100, which I was happy to pay. And that toy sold fast! It came with the stand, although no coronation bling (however a 3rd party did release an accessory kit). If you're talking about the Hasbro version of MP11 that's coming out later, then isn't it too early to determine (let alone judge) what TRU's price will be? It could turn out to be similar to Acid Storm; lacking the coronation kit, but includes the stand and selling for about $100 -- Acid Storm sold like hot cakes under such conditions, I'm certain Starscream would as well.

Now I'm not saying that TRU are guaranteed to honour that price point; after all we saw how they hiked the price of MP Bluestreak compared their price for MP Prowl just last year. I just think it's too early to judge is all.

Not in the damn new sequence box which I am referring. Sigh...I don't give a damn about old releases even in mp-11 mould, they are not of the new batch.
    I am talking about the "reboot " numbering masterpiece sequence and if I am not wrong skywarp and thundercracker will make its way to this new style box just as the LATEST starscream mp. Simply put, since acid storm, each year is another seeker nothing new to me the pattern is there.

Collectors of this age are going by the new sequence and that's what hasbro is banging on hence the reboot and re-intro of some oldies like grimlock. I bet my mp-10 that Optimus and the rest of the seekers will just turn up in this new format box.

Ffs look at your seeker sequence from 2013 by hasbro is a steady pattern. If you seriously didn't understand my guesstimate in the coming year, forget it, I am just going to say "I told you so" and not that I am saying it as if I know it, is just too predictable that every year hasbro is just releasing a seeker decepticon if that not obvious enough for you. Very happy to be proven wrong as I don't mind seeing new MPs but I know that's not going to happen.

It is what it is for price, I never like price increases especially for a plastic toy.