Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: MP11T Thundercracker. Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

I at least wanna see a retool for the Coneheads before they retire the MP Seeker mould

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I at least wanna see a retool for the Coneheads before they retire the MP Seeker mould
    Don't mind that but that means is just more coneheads mp for decepticon for the next 5 years, nothing new like galvertron or insecticons or reflector etc.

Something that Takara keeps doing. There seems to be nothing exciting about decepticon since sound wave. The excitement is solely autobot cars.

Can't wait for the next two years to pass to end the entire seekers line, it been a boring trip.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Huh? Hasbro did release MP Thundercracker here via TRU. And it was in a box. I don't think there is really a specific "TRU" box style per se, rather, Hasbro just designs the boxes and some of them happen to be TRU exclusives. Hasbro's MP Skywarp was released in a similar style box as Hasbro's MP Thundercracker and MP Starscream.

*squints*
    2004 = No Seekers
    2005 = No Seekers
    2006 = MP3 Starscream
    2007 = MP6 Skywarp, Hasbro's Starscream
    2008 = MP7 Thundercracker, MP Starscream USA Edition
    2009 = Hasbro's Skywarp
    2010 = No Seekers
    2011 = No Seekers
    2012 = MP11 Starscream, MP11S Sunstorm, Hasbro's Thundercracker
    2013 = Acid Storm
    2014 = Hasbro's Sunstorm
    2015 = MP11SW Skywarp, Hasbro's MP Starscream, MP11T Thundercracker

Not each year.

TRU Starscream sold here for about $100, which I was happy to pay. And that toy sold fast! It came with the stand, although no coronation bling (however a 3rd party did release an accessory kit). If you're talking about the Hasbro version of MP11 that's coming out later, then isn't it too early to determine (let alone judge) what TRU's price will be? It could turn out to be similar to Acid Storm; lacking the coronation kit, but includes the stand and selling for about $100 -- Acid Storm sold like hot cakes under such conditions, I'm certain Starscream would as well.

Now I'm not saying that TRU are guaranteed to honour that price point; after all we saw how they hiked the price of MP Bluestreak compared their price for MP Prowl just last year. I just think it's too early to judge is all.
    Hasbro Thundercracker cost me $80. With a stand I can't remember if it was reduced from $100 but even then, that's a good price for a MP seeker.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Not in the damn new sequence box which I am referring. Sigh...I don't give a damn about old releases even in mp-11 mould, they are not of the new batch.
    I am talking about the "reboot " numbering masterpiece sequence and if I am not wrong skywarp and thundercracker will make its way to this new style box just as the LATEST starscream mp. Simply put, since acid storm, each year is another seeker nothing new to me the pattern is there.

Collectors of this age are going by the new sequence and that's what hasbro is banging on hence the reboot and re-intro of some oldies like grimlock. I bet my mp-10 that Optimus and the rest of the seekers will just turn up in this new format box.

Ffs look at your seeker sequence from 2013 by hasbro is a steady pattern. If you seriously didn't understand my guesstimate in the coming year, forget it, I am just going to say "I told you so" and not that I am saying it as if I know it, is just too predictable that every year hasbro is just releasing a seeker decepticon if that not obvious enough for you. Very happy to be proven wrong as I don't mind seeing new MPs but I know that's not going to happen.

It is what it is for price, I never like price increases especially for a plastic toy.
    Who seriously gives a damn about the new box sequence? If you do your in for a disappointment at some stage if you expect Hasbro to be consistent with anything over a period of time anything longer than a few years.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Hasbro Thundercracker cost me $80. With a stand I can't remember if it was reduced from $100 but even then, that's a good price for a MP seeker.

Who seriously gives a damn about the new box sequence? If you do your in for a disappointment at some stage if you expect Hasbro to be consistent with anything over a period of time anything longer than a few years.
    Wait and see?

How the arse did you think I could predicted starscream mp release?
    And oh hasbro do care about the damn box not that I give two shits about it

I be extremely happy to be wrong though, if next year 0 seekers are released by hasbro. Mp-11 skywarp by hasbro is probably next.

If we want a chat about prices, coffee only cost $2.50 few years back, it is now $4.50
    Last edited by drifand; 3rd August 2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    ^Best. I honestly hadn't even noticed, as with the sole exception of Acid Storm, I haven't collected any Hasbro-boxed MPs after Acid Storm. And even if I did, what Trent said.

So, do you honestly want HasTak to reissue almost every MP in the new Generations style box and MP numbering, just so that collectors can purchase them all over again with a more consistent Hasbro box style? IMO, if having consistent looking boxes is your thing, just pre-order all the Takara(TOMY) versions. Advantages include:
    * Absolutely more consistent box style. They haven't changed it since they released MP-1 in 2004 (well, Xmas of 2003, but it's effectively an '04 release; most people didn't receive theirs until Jan/Feb of '04 anyway ) and are unlikely to change it in future.
    * Smaller boxes. If you're going to be collecting boxes, then space is an issue (even if you flatten them!), and it's no secret that Hasbro's boxes are big space-wasters. Their MP Prowl & Bluestreak boxes are ridiculously huge, nearly double the volume of TakTOM's.
    * No great loss if you can't read Japanese. TakTOM's boxes have all logos and names printed in English as well (unless you're a stickler for the Anglophone names, e.g. "Bluestreak" instead of "Streak"). Yes, the various blurbs on the back are in Japanese, but Hasbro's boxes don't really have much in the way of blurbs anyway, there's just a lot of blanks spaces. The Hasbro boxes won't translate any of that stuff anyway.
    * You'll get the toys sooner. Hasbro's versions come out years (months at best) after TakaraTOMY's. At times not at all (e.g. Sideswipe, Ultra Magnus, Bumblebee, Wheeljack etc.); this is why Hasbro AU have resorted to directly importing Japanese MPs for our market, because they cbb to wait and see if Hasbro USA are going to do it. The sole exception to this is Acid Storm (who is the only Generations style boxed MP that I own).
    * You'll probably get the toy cheaper. Especially if you pre-order and get an earlybird discount. The only exception has been Soundwave, whose AU RRP worked out even cheaper than discounted Japanese RRPs! And maybe Sunstorm too -- the TakTOM version was initially sold without any preorder discount (13650JPY/$151); how much is our local one again?

I suspect that only a small minority of collectors would honestly be willing to re-collect every MP re-issued with a new box. I don't think that the numbers would make it feasible for Hasbro to do it all again.

Up to you, man. If you want to sit around and wait and see if Hasbro releases all the MPs you want in that new Generations TRU style box, then go nuts. I'll stick with TakTOM.

Have preorders started?
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

If Hasbro had not re-released Starscream in the MP-11 mould I would say there was no chance of an MP-11 based Skywarp but now it must at least be some kind of possibility. However I don't see them re-releasing Thundercracker since they already did him in the MP-11 Mould. I am really hoping to pick Takara MP-11T but not sure if we will see a Takara MP-11SW any time soon since they probably wont have the extra head count from Hasbro Asia considering they already released MP-11SW as an exclusive. Mind you, Sideswipe seems to be getting another run...

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Have preorders started?
    yes, they have

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    If Hasbro had not re-released Starscream in the MP-11 mould I would say there was no chance of an MP-11 based Skywarp but now it must at least be some kind of possibility. However I don't see them re-releasing Thundercracker since they already did him in the MP-11 Mould. I am really hoping to pick Takara MP-11T but not sure if we will see a Takara MP-11SW any time soon since they probably wont have the extra head count from Hasbro Asia considering they already released MP-11SW as an exclusive. Mind you, Sideswipe seems to be getting another run...
    Beats me, it felt overly predictable and came to me as a no surprise when starscream mp was released this year.
    Those here who are just thinking in terms of hasbro has done it before and won't be reissue the MPs again really need to look at the bigger picture.
    I can guarantee an Optimus is bound to show up in hasbro new box line up and is no surprises there either. The so called Asia exclusive means exactly nothing in the transformers mp context as grimlock was a good example it reissued regardless. And yes wait for it, hasbro may decide to do a rodimus instead of hot rod. With a reboot of numbering people do care and do buy despite I wouldn't care about it.

I guess next year will be interesting as if my prediction is wrong I be most happy that hasbro had finally had enough of releasing a seeker each year since acid storm.

So technically if They are correct there is 0 seekers left to be released in the coming years! We can finally get a new decepticon but where do I have this feeling this isn't so?

And goki this isn't about you, or me want. Is more like how hasbro is rebooting the mp products line. If you are saying it's been done before why bother to do a grimlock?

On a side note, is there any word on Takara doing an MP-11 reissue? I thought I saw a post a while back that indicated that MP-11 was being reissued along with MP-10 (which has occurred), MP-12 and MP-14.