Thread: What Podcasts are you listening to?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What Podcasts are you listening to?

A thread for those of us not listening to music, share what podcasts you listen to and might want to recommend. TF/toy collecting related or not.

I started listening to podcasts when I went out for long walks that became jogs, and now I tend to listen to them whenever I'm in the car and most public transport trips.

Here are the main ones I listen too:

TOFOP/FOFOP (frequent explicit language and adult topics): Wil Anderson and Charlie Clausen's podcast, lots of random hilarious conversations often on nerdy topics and popculture. It's become FOFOP, since Charlie was cast on Home and Away, with guest comedians and so often there's a stronger focus on the comedy industry, but still very funny. I also listen to Wil and Charlie's solo projects Wilosophy and That's Aweson.

House to Astonish: A comics news and reviews podcast from the UK. This is an evolution of Paul O'Brien's X-Axis reviews that I was reading on newsgroups 15 years ago. Less frequent these days (both hosts are new fathers) but always entertaining.

The Dollop (frequent explicit language and adult topics): Comedian Dave Anthony tells his friend Gareth Reynolds a tale from American History and the results are hilarious riffing and some of the oddest real life stories you can come across. Probably the one in the list I'd give the strongest recommendation to.

I Love Green Guide Letters (explicit language): A podcast about the letters to The Age newspaper's TV and radio guide. It seems an odd topic but it appeals to me as a TV watcher and host Steele Saunders gets a lot of great local comedians on.

Graham Norton Radio show: The only radio podcast I listen too, I'm a big fan of the TV show and while the radio program often has guests that are "famous in the UK" they are fun interviews even if I don't know the person. The agony aunt letters segments included are my favourite parts.

Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men(mild infrequent coarse language): A pair of dedicated and very enthusiastic X-Fans have set about the task of taking listeners through the entire history of the X-Men comics and all the related spinoff series. They do so with such a passion for the comics while acknowledging the good the bad and the ugly.

Serial(adult topics): This was a twelve part investigation into a US criminal case that became one of the big hit podcasts. A well told true crime story, full of twists and turns and very addictive. Spin off of This American Life which I listen to sporadically.

Probably Science (occasional explicit language and adult topics): The most educational of the podcasts I listen to, a bunch of comedians talk about the science stories in the news.

What are you listening to?
    Last edited by Paulbot; 31st July 2015 at 09:52 PM.

The only ones I ever used to listen to were The Ricky Gervais show that then got turned into a sweet animated series

Some of those sound real interesting Paulbot might have to check some of those out.

I listen to...

You're Welcome with Chael Sonnen. A MMA based podcast

The MMA hour with Ariel Hewani

Talk is Jericho. Surprisingly not just pro wrestling based. Chris Jericho has had some real interesting guests from movie stars to musicians to adult film stars. When he does have pro wrestling guests on they often talk about the behind the scenes stuff which is quite interesting.

DC Movie News. Not a bad podcast but sometimes the hosts get excited and talk over the top of each other which is frustrating.

The Joe Rogan Experience. Not just martial arts based. He has some very interesting guests.

Always on the hunt for interesting things to listen to.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Tell 'Em Steve-Dave!, FEAB, What Say You?, SModCast, Talk Salad and Scrambled Eggs: Frasier Revisited, The X-Files Files, James Bonding and I Was There Too are my (semi) weekly listens, along with a local one called The Cough that I highly recommend.

I give "I Was There Too" a listen too but usually based on whether I know the actor/movie. The one with Vasquez from Aliens was good, and the Groundhog Day one.

ABC "Conversations" always have a few interesting guests on.

Another ABC one, "Nerdzilla" is two guys from Tasmania talking things like movies, comics, technology. Probably my favourite podcast because of the Australian perspective.

"WTF@TFW" is always good, even if it does take me a few days to get through.

"AstronomyCast" can hold my attention if the topic is interesting to me.

plus a few that have already been mentioned.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain