Thread: Universal Studios Evac Kreo 4-pack gallery

Default Universal Studios Evac Kreo 4-pack gallery

The Universal Studios exclusive 4-pack of Kreons has actually been out for 11 months now (first week of September 2014 was when I saw it being
    found). Despite it being out all that time, I just couldn't find a gallery of photos online anywhere in the world... so here we have a "world exclusive" gallery of this set.

I actually got this pack while in America in June for BotCon, but haven't had time until now to take the photos. As always, thanks to Fatbot for
    getting this set for me on the way to the Convention, and refusing to take any money for it.

The thing to note with the Universal Studios ride, is that even though the first one was built at the end of 2011 (after the third movie), it was based
    on a timeframe and character versions of around the second movie (2009).
    The ride's story may not fit in the on-screen universe, but it uses characters like Ravage, Devastator, Sideswipe, the Twins, and the
    tank-mode (TF2) Megatron. It is also the pre-abs TF3 Optimus, as you can see on the box below... which makes this post-TF4 release VERY late
    for releasing a set of TF2 Kreons.

Even though the box notes Evac as being an Exclusive figure in this pack, all four are actually exclusive figures, because none have been released
    anywhere else before in these decos/versions.
    And when you think about it, unless you count TF4 Galvatron as being Megatron, this is the only Movie Megatron Kreon at all (of any version),
    which makes both Evac and Megatron exclusive characters in this pack.
    Optimus and Bumblebee have other Movie Kreons, but they are TF4 versions, which were different to these, who are based on TF2 Movie
    versions of these characters.
    So really, the box could have noted that all four are exclusive to Universal Studios, because at least two of the characters are, and two of the decos are.

Evac comes pre-made, in its own little compartment that you can only get out from his side of the box.
    The other three are in baggies in parts in the box with instructions.

Instructions cover.

The completed Kreons... and only one display brick.
    I'm not sure why Megatron has a Gen1 Fusion Cannon either.

The three Evac toys from Universal Studios.

The various Movie Bumblebees I have (all were released for TF4), with the Universal Studios Bumblebee being the first one on the left with the original car chest.

And all the different Movie Optimus Kreons I have (all were released for TF4), with the Universal Studios version on the far right.

Just expanding on what I already noted above, I didn't realise until doing these photos that the only Movie Kreons ever released were for TF4 in 2014.
    None were released for TF3 in the first year of Kre-O in 2011, despite there being Movie character build sets.
    2011 - Movie Kreo (Movie build sets with Gen1 Kreons)
    2012 - TFPrime Kreo build sets & Gen1 Microchangers (some build sets had Gen1 kreons, others had TFPrime Kreons)
    2013 - Beast Hunters Kreo build sets & Gen1 Microchangers (build sets had Beast Hunters Kreons)
    2014 - TF4 Movie Kreo build sets & assorted Microchangers (build sets had TF4 Movie Kreons)
    2015 - RID Kreo build sets & Gen1 convertibles and minifigures (build sets had RID Kreons)

The Kreons with the rest of the Universal Studios exclusive toys.
    TF3 Movie toys were released in exclusive packaging instead of the TF2 toys being featured in the Ride itself, because they were the ones in
    production during this time (remember, the Ride was opened after TF3 came out in 2011).

This might not interest too many people, as Kre-O, Universal Studios Exclusives and Evac are all niche elements to the overall Transformers fandom, but I found this surprising and interesting...

And there is a news element as well...

It seems that Universal Studios has released 3 sets of their Kreon 4-pack, with the third set released this year removing the Evac Kreon. And apparently, they are no longer selling any Evac toys at all anymore. (the Orlando Universal Studios online store still had the Deluxe Evac, in its second packaging version, in-stock last year)

So the first version of the Kre-O 4-pack that came out in 2014 is the one featured in the first post of this topic - with the first version Kreon bodies and a box that doesn't have the Universal Studios Exclusive logo on it.

The second version of the 4-pack, that came out around 2016, has the second version Kreon bodies, and the box has the Exclusive logo on it.

The third version, out in 2020, has Evac replaced with a green Beachcomber/Trailbreaker that is called NEST Sentry, and the box has the Exclusive logo in a different place but also has the 2009 NEST logo on the front as well.

The Orlando Universal Studios online store still has the Kreon 4-pack listed as in-stock (for US$22), but still uses the images of the 2nd version.
    (as you can see from my photos in the first post, the first version was being sold for US$20, so in 5 years, the price went up on something that is already very expensive at about AU$8 per Kreon)

I'll have to order one to see which version I get (they ship internationally), as I'd really want the new character Kreon, but I'd also be happy to get the second version set and try to get the third version later when it is easier to do so.

What do the evacs turn into?

Evac turns into the car that you get into for the Univeral Studios, as you are joining him on an adventure against the Decepticons.
    https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Evac_(Ride)

I'm not sure how long these have been out for, but the 3rd version of the Kreon 4-pack was found at the Florida Universal Studios... which should mean that the online store for Universal Studios (which is run by the Florida park) might now be selling this 3rd version as well.
    (when I ordered a pack from the website in September last year, I got the second version - the listing hasn't changed the photos since then, so it's hard to know if they are still selling the 2nd set, or switched to the 3rd set without updating the images)

The listing for the 4-pack has changed address, but the images and details are still saying Evac... so I want to ask them if they are now selling the new set on their website yet, and if their product listing just wasn't updated because they didn't notice or care (it is after all the 3rd or 4th version).

In case anyone else here cared...

I got the Evac 4 pack from Singapore Universal Studios in Jan 2019. The ride was awesome! I think I went on it 3 times. Next time I'm there I'll check out that end-of-ride shop (good for MP browsing too). I couldn't help but feel that they would have been more appealing if they had had Lego in that top left corner of the box. But that would just open up a can of worms .