Page 144 of 195 FirstFirst ... 124134139140141142143144145146147148149154164 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 1943

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I just took a good look at my ongoing list of G1 Transformers in CHUG. I wouldn't be surprised if '84 to '87's toys are completely replicated in CHUG by the end of this WFC Trilogy.

I need Bumper, Camshaft, Downshift, Overdrive, Time Warrior. Barrage, Ransack, Venom, Hubcap, Eject, Steeljaw, Runabout, Freeway, Goldbug, Rollbar, Searchlight, Wideload, Snapdragon w/ Krunk, Pointblank, Sureshot and Slugfest to be made.

The way I see it Bumper and Hubcap are easy remoulds from the new Cliffjumper. Runabout will be an obvious redeco of Runamuck. We know they have intentions to make new Insecticons so may as well make Deluxe Insecticons to milk the mould. Hasbro already said they have a Snapdragon in development. Eject and Steeljaw and Slugfest can be done as Micromasters like Siege's cassettes. You can make the Omnibots and Targetmasters out of Autobot moulds. That just leaves Time Warrior and the Throttlebots as needing some more heavy design work.

Who would pay for a time warrior?

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    The way I see it Bumper and Hubcap are easy remoulds from the new Cliffjumper.
    I reckon Bumper will either be in an exclusive 3 pack (perhaps with Hubcap and a red Bumblebee?) or as a Pulse exclusive. Given that they've done freakin' Powerdashers now I'd be shocked if they DIDN'T do Bumper at some point.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I need Eject, Steeljaw, Runabout to be made.
    I got the Timelines versions of Eject and Runabout, the FOC versions of Eject and Steeljaw and the Adventure version of Runabout - they all serve as pretty good Classicsverse versions of the characters, though Steeljaw in particular needs a much better toy

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I got the Timelines versions of Eject and Runabout, the FOC versions of Eject and Steeljaw and the Adventure version of Runabout - they all serve as pretty good Classicsverse versions of the characters, though Steeljaw in particular needs a much better toy
    For my collection, I try to avoid using Timelines as CHUG figures personally as I prefer to have mainline CHUG versions of the characters. The first WFC and FOC are Aligned Continuity so they don't make it into my CHUG collection which is just G1, they go in Prime. I'm using that Adventure version of Runabout myself, but he is purely there as a placeholder, I need a proper version of him.

For my collection, I try to avoid using Timelines as CHUG figures personally as I prefer to have mainline CHUG versions of the characters. The first WFC and FOC are Aligned Continuity so they don't make it into my CHUG collection which is just G1, they go in Prime. I'm using that Adventure version of Runabout myself, but he is purely there as a placeholder, I need a proper version of him.
    I tend to forget that FOC is supposed to be part of the Aligned continuity. I guess since FOC was so obviously G1 I think of it as such. The Aligned novels (which were shite!) tried to tie the games to the Prime/RID/RB universe but did so pretty unconvincingly for me. I mean, FOC Grimlock and RID(15) Grimlock are supposed to be the same character?! Na, stretching worse than Plastic Man in a taffy factory there Hasbro.

I think the "Aligned continuity" is a concept that could have worked (could still work) but was rolled out ineffectively. They unintentionally did the Aligned continuity right in 1984 but forget their lessons.

I finally got to putting stickers on my POTP Predacons yesterday and it just reminded me how nicely these homage toys were done.

My recent acquisition of Splashdown now means that my 1988 Autobot Pretenders are complete. The only 1988 Pretender that I don't own now is Finback. Although I am still missing some 1989 Pretenders, namely Vroom, Skyhammer and Roadblock. None of these are priorities for me, especially the Ultra Pretenders given their GPS. Meh.

What is it with Rescue Bots and helicopter characters? They take badass ones and make them... nice.

Blades goes from a Protectobot to a Rescuebot (almost same thing), still had a predominantly white colour scheme etc but now instead of being a brawler is frightened of everything.

Now Whirl goes from a Wrecker to a Rescue Academy Bot, still turns into a blue chopper but is pretty much a little girl instead of a grown psychopath. Somehow I doubt it's a shout out to his IDW holo-avatar.

I don't particularly mind or have a problem with it, it's just funny how they have changed both the copter-bots personalities so much in particular. Most other RB characters have either stayed similar to how they've appeared in other universes or else are brand new.

Anyways, just a musing