Page 147 of 195 FirstFirst ... 127137142143144145146147148149150151152157167 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 1943

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just watched Emgos review of Earthrise Prime. In the process he discovered you can plug Jetfires weapon effects into the Matrix and Prime can hold it above his head ala "Light our darkest hour ".

Biggest, most joyous nerdgasm I have ever seen. People will buy this toy on that alone. Serious Movie feels.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Serious Movie feels.
    Only that Optimus Prime never opened the Matrix in TFTM. And when he did later on, it was as a Powermaster. But hey, thanks to the miracle of the 5mm port, Earthrise Prime's Matrix ought to be compatible with Titans Return Powermaster Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    Yeah it's quite nice. Forgot to post this close up before.
    I am quite happy that the new titan will be movie Devi

A while back I came up with some criteria that helped me purge a lot of the Transformers I'd collected between 2000 and 2014.

I've found though that I've not been as strict with newer figures. It was definitely easier to appraise something with less attachment when it was several years old rather than brand new out of the box.

However, during 2019 and continuing this year, I've been finding a lot of my new purchases underwhelming. Many I think would fail the criteria, but it's hard to instantly turn around and get rid of something you just got.

Looking at some of the recent figures sitting on my shelf I notice that many are ones I would keep solely based on good robot modes, Siege Astrotrain is the latest and good example. The alt modes are okay, the transformation is okay, but the robot mode is the thing I actually like about it.

Same with Mirage, Spinister, Impactor, Jetfire... it's become a real trend and I'm not sure what that says about my taste and collecting preferences just yet.

I decided to listen to this weeks Seibertron podcast since they were at Toy Fair. It was a bad idea because now after hearing them talk about how you are meant to make a road network with Ramp Masters I think I'm going to be buying a ton of the little guys.

I decided to buy a Siege Chromia in the Target 20% sale. WTF is wrong with me??? Where did my life go so wrong???

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I decided to buy a Siege Chromia in the Target 20% sale. WTF is wrong with me??? Where did my life go so wrong???

I cant look at you right now.

I think I need help tracking down some BotBots. I can’t find King Toots anywhere.

In just two years the War for Cybertron series has redone every Autobot Car from 1984/85 except:

Jazz (too soon after POTP?)
    Inferno (not confirmed but, really, we know he’s coming)
    Skids
    Tracks (who was in the fan-vote, If/when Needlenose is announced he probably follow - retool of Wheeljack, Sunstreaker or Runamuck )

Combined with all the 1984 Decepticons (bar Buzzsaw) and the speed of redoing G1 is remarkable.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    In just two years the War for Cybertron series has redone every Autobot Car from 1984/85 except:

Jazz (too soon after POTP?)
    Inferno (not confirmed but, really, we know he’s coming)
    Skids
    Tracks (who was in the fan-vote, If/when Needlenose is announced he probably follow - retool of Wheeljack, Sunstreaker or Runamuck )

Combined with all the 1984 Decepticons (bar Buzzsaw) and the speed of redoing G1 is remarkable.

I wouldn't mind a more G1 Esque skids, it'll be hard for them to beat the generations Jazz from several years ago.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)