Page 150 of 194 FirstFirst ... 130140145146147148149150151152153154155160170 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I've been thinking about the relationship between the Earthrise Wheeljack, Sunstreaker and Runamuck toys.

The recent Sunstreaker images reminded me of a lot of the cues from Wheeljack, and I think those two are a rework/remould of each other in the vein of TR Hardhead and TR Blurr - a lot of shared engineering and some shared pieces, but were substantially different overall.

From what I can see, the legs and the chest transform similarly, but the legs are are turned 180 degrees with the top of the feet duplicating the bonnet. Arms are reversed, such that shoulders form sides and arms form the rear as opposed to Wheeljack whose arms form the side and shoulders form the rear.

Very clever engineering work!

Runamuck on the other hand appears to be a completely new mould - the chest window appears to be a fake double (ala MP Sunstreaker) and the feet, while a similar transformation appear to be wholly new - including a fake double wheel.
    Last edited by Seraphim Prime; 4th May 2020 at 12:14 PM.

I think, no definitely the worst Transformers toy is the Wall Walkers. And they come blind bagged.

Happy to be convinced otherwise.

I got my MP Convoy Mk III second hand at a pretty cheap price, although the original owner had used a fine point black marker pen to draw in panel lines on the upper legs and shins. Today I bought a thin brush and tried to paint in the grooves in order to conceal the panel lining and make the toy look more like it originally did.

The grey grill on the crest has also been panel lined, but I forgot to get grey paint. Ah well, next time.

I wonder how WFC Reflector in camera mode will look in WFC Unicron's hands...?

I wish there was more screentime with off-road (jeep) Bumblebee

Today is my Cybertron Sky Shadow's birthday. Wow, he's fourteen now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Today is my Cybertron Sky Shadow's birthday. Wow, he's fourteen now.
    I was trying to work out how you knew that, but remembered what the date 14 years ago would have been.

Today is my Alternators Mirage's sixth birthday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    I was trying to work out how you knew that, but remembered what the date 14 years ago would have been.
    The funny thing is that I desperately wanted to buy a big "evil" toy, so I went to TRU and grabbed Cybertron Sky Shadow. But then only after returning home and opening the toy did I read the tech specs bio and discover that he's only an undercover Autobot. D'oh! To this day I still display my CYB Sky Shadow on my Decepticon shelf. He's a deep sleeper agent in the Gokiverse.

Ive been sitting on this thought for a while now. If they made another live action move, id want it to be based on one of favourite 1980s episodes, Japanese headmaster episode 18 "the most important thing in the world." in the episode the humans play a key role in this episode as mediators for a peace summit between Autobots and Decepticons.
    Of course the deceptions deceive everyone and hold the humans hostage as a way to leverage massive benefits for their side.
    I thoughts this would be great as a live action movie because of the key roles humans play, although they'd need to be developed properly so you care about what happens to them. The deceptions would become more than dispensable special effects as their threat could have severe personal and intergalactic consequences. The best part would be that autobot alt modes would serve with strategic value (not just eye candy sports cars) as they'd need to stay off deception attacks, infiltrate the buildings, (headmasters anyone) and then get the humans to safety via helicopter, armoured troop carrier etc.

From the WFC Trilogy Scrapface review thread
    RE: Repaints in Trilogy toyline
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    I think these repaints were a missed opportunity to do more characters not already in the mainline Siege (or at least things like decepticon Mirage)
    I think that there was a missed opportunity in giving us a CHUG toy based on Mirage's Diaclone colours, either as a new character or as "Decepticon" Mirage. :/

I would've nabbed Trilogy Mirage in a heartbeat if he'd been painted in Diaclone red.