Page 154 of 195 FirstFirst ... 134144149150151152153154155156157158159164174 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1947

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

The list I saw said G1 Inferno specifically. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I wonder if Earthrise is deliberately a 2/3 wave theme because now we're starting to hear about Kingdom and the wave 2 deluxes still haven't dropped, it's mostly been exclusives.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kingdom drops late this year, instead of early next year.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

I mean who knows? Covid-19 has f*cked a lot of things up.

Hasbro would lose a lot of money if they rushed out or limited the production/release of the later waves of Earthrise, just to get the next chapter out before Christmas.

It is a much smaller assortment for Earthrise, compared to Siege, but that would have been decided over a year ago in the planning stage, so isn't due to Covid... it is just a surprising coincidence that the year they had planned to cut back on Generations by a third, is a year that was plagued with disruptions at the Asian factories and the Western retailers, especially in America which takes up the most stock.
    Even the spacing of the waves for Earthrise were a lot more spaced apart than usual, so it is almost like someone at Hasbro last year knew that something bad was going to happen this year... because if we had the same number of retail products and waves as last year, we would have probably seen a lot of the later figures not get released... or only show up in America in small quantities.

Siege went up to WFC-S66 with most size classes going up to wave 5, while Earthrise looks to only go up to WFC-E41 with just 3 waves for the same size classes.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    The list I saw said G1 Inferno specifically. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
    I assumed it was going to be the inevitable Earthrise Grapple remould
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    I assumed it was going to be the inevitable Earthrise Grapple remould
    It's pretty much the business model: repaint, retool as well as sell figures that are essentially troop builders: sharkticons, allicons, refraktors, weapons weaponisers, modulators, micromasters and battlemasters. Less spent on tooling new unique moulds.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    It's pretty much the business model: repaint, retool as well as sell figures that are essentially troop builders: sharkticons, allicons, refraktors, weapons weaponisers, modulators, micromasters and battlemasters. Less spent on tooling new unique moulds.
    You've skipped right over the 4 (or 5?) repaints of WFCS Megatron all in a single year.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    You've skipped right over the 4 (or 5?) repaints of WFCS Megatron all in a single year.
    Siege Megatron, Combat Megatron, 35th Animation Megatron, Netflix Megatron and with some retooling, Earthrise Megatron and G2 Megatron which is 6.

Then again, you have Siege Optimus, 35th Animation Optimus, Nemesis Prime and with retooling Earthrise Optimus, Alternate Optimus and Netflix Optimus.

Still nowhere near as bad as the Seeker molds. Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Hotlink, Red Wing, Acid Storm, Ion Storm, Nova Storm. Earthrise has SS, TC, SW again plus retooling into Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust (TBA) and G2 Sandstorm. Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    Siege Megatron, Combat Megatron, 35th Animation Megatron, Netflix Megatron and with some retooling, Earthrise Megatron and G2 Megatron which is 6.

Then again, you have Siege Optimus, 35th Animation Optimus, Nemesis Prime and with retooling Earthrise Optimus, Alternate Optimus and Netflix Optimus.

Still nowhere near as bad as the Seeker molds. Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp, Hotlink, Red Wing, Acid Storm, Ion Storm, Nova Storm. Earthrise has SS, TC, SW again plus retooling into Dirge, Ramjet, Thrust (TBA) and G2 Sandstorm. Phew.
    The most depressing thing about that is that after seeing it once and passing I retrospectively decided that I'd actually quite like to get WFCS Optimus Prime, and then never saw it again.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.